Springs are complicated, my truck and me are both getting fatter. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took all my data to the local toyota offroad shop, said the springs can give me more lift but my issue is the "foamcell" dampers from ironman.

The committee (my wife) will not approve me paying for Kings dampers so I will have to live with my super soft and tippy ride for now and just focus on cutting weight

He said if I get stronger/taller springs my ride issues will just get worse without better dampers.

I feel your pain....Your weights are similar to mine but my front ride height is a bit lower at 19.5, which may also be a factor.

You're in a s***ty position now where you want better ride quality but have nothing but opinions to go on...u could put a set of kings in there and still be bummed....and it sucks cuz all ideas cost money

I went through OME. Then fox . Then eventually put my front end back to stock. The logic being, in it's original form it had great ride quality . Then we come along , lift it , put big tires on , make em heavy and little by little make good ride quality harder to achieve .

So idk my advice and opinion, which is sorta biased, is go back to stock front end and ditch the airbags In the rear for proper springs to handle the weight

Also idk what your experience is with bigger older trucks but it's not going to handle around corners like pickup trucks and lighter vehicles. For a smooth ride I gotta slow down and treat it like a loaded dump truck when cornering and im fully loaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom