What are the chances? Last day of school and girl backs into my son's FJ80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SUMMIT CRUISERS

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I called it. I told my son after we finished the complete paint job last fall that it will just be a matter of time before someone hits it. Today while in line to leave school for his last day, a FULLY INSURED girl that was obviously confused about D and R, shifts into R and floors it backing into our 92.
We've taken it to the Toyota dealer for replacement (no bondo) estimate and it came in at a little over $3,600.
Now we're definitely thinking about an Ironman Deluxe Bullbar and a like set replacement of Lightforce 240 blitz HID lights may be in place. Should we go with the Toyota OEM bumper and Hella 500's or the Ironman and Lightforce's? What would you do?

Here's a few pics and we're thinking it will probably buff out just fine.
fj80 wrecked3.jpg
FJ80 wreck 010.jpg
FJ80 wreck 007.jpg

What a "C" "U" "N"ext "T"uesday

Sent from my HTC EVO4G using IH8MUD

Deeply saddens me to see this rig get hit. I remember seeing the original posts when you guys finished painting it. Either way - looking forward to seeing the new, custom bumper. :)

WOW! That's $3600 in damage?!? If the insurance company is paying, I'd go with the Ironman and HID's!

Ironman!!!

Just think, if that rig would've had an ARB/Ironman/Whatever bumper on it, this thread wouldn't exist! Well, maybe just to make fun of the damaged trunk lid/sidetracked driver that hit it... :D
A bullbar on that rig is a no-brainer!

After you get the front end restored, drive a few hours to your east, and we'll set ya up with some rear armor. :beer:

Last edited:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not cool! Your truck is amazing looking!!!!! Every time I see your truck it makes me wish I would have kept my 91. ARB IT!!!!!!!!!! The truck will look tougher.

ARB it up. Keep with the traditional LC look of the 80 since your's is so clean.

Last edited:
ARB please. I f'n love ARB bumpers. My last 80 tore the engine out of a LX 470 and cracked our headlight. I was totally amazed.
Sorry about the bad luck, can't wait to see it fixed up with a new bumper!

Ironman is priced well. I would seriously consider buying a tubing bender and some tools and making the armor... 3600 is a lot of money.

I say go with the Ironman and Hella 4ks! I have some pics of my newly installed Ironman in my sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom