Weathertech- Floor Liners or Weather Mats ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many have discussed this topic but often the terms are used interchangeably...hence my confusion. The "digifit" liners seem to cover a lot more area than the mats but are also thinner.

I'm using OEM..they are thin and they hardly cover. So..those that have used WT, which style do you prefer? I did check Husky and they only seem to offer a generic "trim to fit" size...any other options? Thanks.

Husky offers two different styles, the Weather Beaters which are very similar to the WeatherTech liners and the X-Act fit which are a softer material which they unfortunately don't offer on the 200-series. I prefer the X-Act fits because of the deeper tread blocks and the softer rubber and that's what I use in the Super Duty. I prefer the Husky for reasons I already stated in Oso's thread and yes I have run both in multiple vehicles.

I don't know what you are referencing in regards to "trim-to-fit" with Husky but here is a pic of a set of Husky Weather Beaters that I just installed in our LX 570 this week. The part numbers for the Land Cruiser and the LX 570 are the same.

4VjTimb.jpg

gFFIXA3.jpg

Short version:
Those Husky mats LOOK more attractive than my WTs. But I like the protection of the higher, “bucket-like” raised edges on my WT front mats. Means even a huge liquid dump is contained really well.

I’m talking about 200-specific WT...not cut-to-fit.

Looks: Husky wins if you ask me.
Protection.. Meh. I like WT, but I’ve never had Huskies. So YMMV...

My single gripe about my weathertech floor liners is the dead pedal portion of the mat only going to the same height as the rest of the mat, which is to say not nearly enough for a full adult foot. So dirt/mud just fall behind it in that spot.

I do remember a member here making a good looking plastic addition out of some stuff they got on amazon and a heat gun.. can't remember who or the post. I got the material but never made the part....

Thanks a lot guys....you've convinced me I want Liners..not mats..so I have better coverage all around. I will search Husky under LX570 for their version...If I do go WT digifit, are there any deals that I'm not seeing in my searches? Looks like everyone holds the price and WT doesn't let online vendors extend discounts.

You can do well on "make an offer" on eBay and some vendors will discount if you contact them and ask for that discount.

I have WT and Husky weatherbeaters on my other cars and won’t buy WT again. The sides/lips were caving in on the weathertech.

I just bought a complete set of Husky on ebay for $299 for my 2019.

I just double checked Husky Website again and they don't offer Weather Beaters for a '10 LC or LX model. I'll call them today but I'm assuming most of you have newer model than me.

I just double checked Husky Website again and they don't offer Weather Beaters for a '10 LC or LX model. I'll call them today but I'm assuming most of you have newer model than me.

The difference from the early 08-11 200s and the re-designed 13+ 200s is the location of the mat securing anchors. I believe the anchors closest to the console are roughly in the same location but door-side anchors are located further outward on the early 200s. Given the overall shape is the same, you can run either mat but you'll have a hole in the wrong spot for the outer anchor. Also, the passenger side footwell by the console might have an ever so slightly different contour. Point being, this is why folks with early 200s use WTs.

I have had weathertechs in seven different vehicles and zero issues with sides caving in. FWIW.

Also they are made in the states, if you look for that sort of thing.

Weather tech and Husky are both made in the USA. I’ve had both. Which ever one if you are in a winter dragon get the liners. The OEM style “rubber mats” are worthless. I have the Husky in my 13 LX but the only reason I went Husky over WT is that is what my local shop carries.

Thanks..Just ordered the WT Liners and found a discount at N. American Parts. Thanks

I run Husky liners for the first and second rows and am very happy with them. Better coverage than the Weathertech offering for this vehicle. Had Weathertechs in my Tacoma and liked them there.

Woah!
Scrolled through...
This one looks like driving in a big red bath tub... :hillbilly:
View attachment 1909721

I have the above floor liners in black material & black stitching, sitting in the original packaging. Installed in the LX only to look at fitment (which leaves some to be desired - I posted a thread reviewing them somewhere in the 200 section). If anyone wants them, $70USD shipped to you.

Hello Everyone,

I was looking at the Husky and WT, but ended up getting the WT. They accidently sent me the cocoa ones, so I should receive the black ones today. They are a lot thinner and stiffer than I thought, but do a good job with the level of protection.

Regards, David

I have the weather tec in my lx and will never buy them again. They fit well and provide good protection but they look really bad once they've had some use. No matter how well I clean them they always look dirty.

I have the weather tec in my lx and will never buy them again. They fit well and provide good protection but they look really bad once they've had some use. No matter how well I clean them they always look dirty.

That’s true.
I’m rough on mine, and while I occasionally hose them off & scrub...they still look less than perty. Not something I care much about, but I can see why many would find that annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom