Water Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1983 FJ40. It looks like there are two water pumps - one for the FJ with an oil cooler. Why would the water pump have anything to do with an oil cooler?

My pump has the posts pressed into the flange. When I look online that looks like the pump on the FJ with an oil cooler but mine doesn't have an oil cooler.

Which pump do I get?

Gary

The posts pressed into the flange are the posts that secure the fan and clutch. I couldn't figure out how to edit my post.

On a laptop, at the bottom of your post on the left side is the edit button.

A lot of stuff gets done in the past - people often make do with field repairs and parts shortages or NLA; discontinued.

I have a 1983 FJ40. It looks like there are two water pumps - one for the FJ with an oil cooler. Why would the water pump have anything to do with an oil cooler?

My pump has the posts pressed into the flange. When I look online that looks like the pump on the FJ with an oil cooler but mine doesn't have an oil cooler.

Which pump do I get?

Gary
The oil cooler uses engine coolant to cool the oil. The oil cooler has a coolant inlet and outlet, the coolant comes from the water pump.
If you don't have an oil cooler don't get a water pump for an oil cooler.
Stop calling it an FJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom