`66 restoration, 1F water pump alignment off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Restoring a `66 FJ40, keeping this rig as was, minus necessary upgrades. Just noticed the water pump alignment is off after putting on new belt. The alt. and crank are aligned, albeit the alt. bracket is either backwards or something, as there's a nut spacer going to the water pump. It seems to me the wrong water pump is installed? The pump is approx. 1/2" out from crank and alt. Doesn't look like any spacers on the pump pulley. Two things wrong here:
1). Why is the pump extended out?
2). Is this the correct alt. bracket, and if so, is it reversed? I looked around the site for pics, but still doesn't solve the pump problem, so I'm putting both problems out there.
Lmk what you think

IMG_20231013_105158400_LL.jpg

IMG_20231013_105246834.jpg

IMG_20231013_105339847.jpg

IMG_20231013_105355147.jpg

IMG_20231013_105819736.jpg

The thing that you bolt the pulley to on the water pump walked forward it seems, approx. 1/2", for anyone interested in what happened. Dead blow hammer set it back into alignment, now hopefully it doesn't leak.

The thing that you bolt the pulley to on the water pump walked forward it seems, approx. 1/2", for anyone interested in what happened. Dead blow hammer set it back into alignment, now hopefully it doesn't leak.
well at least you have it fixed now.I hope does not leak on you.Does the pulley come off as mine a 1983 2f and totally diff

just a heads up, unless a true restoration, you should look into changing the metal 4 blade fan.
several threads of broken blades going into the rad or hood.
the fan will break

here's a thread of mine from a few years ago:

Your alternator bracket is backwards it looks like . The little jog at the end is the part that is supposed to be bolted to the water pump.

Your alternator bracket is backwards it looks like . The little jog at the end is the part that is supposed to be bolted to the water pump.
Bingo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom