Water leak front passenger floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it was clogged sunroof drains when my carpet was wet. check those while you're at it. Open the sunroof and run some weed wacker string down the drains. worked like a charm for me, no more wet dog odor.

I had that problem twice. First time it was the heater core sprang a leak. Second time was the ac drain. I hope that helped you.
Yeah, maybe I should look into the AC drain more. However it does it when it rains, and I haven't ran the AC all winter.

If it does it when it rains, definitely check those sunroof drains!

Are there any US models of the 80 without a sunroof? Seems like you guys got them in everything. In Australia, I think only the top-end "Sahara" models got them, and they were more for looking pretty than doing actual off-roading. Too many gizmos.

yes good reminder! I did check them last year and cleaned them out and found that one was disconnected even and just dumping water on the headliner in the rear passenger compartment.. I eliminated a few leaks by fixing and cleaning that but there is still this one leak that persists.

Update: It was the Windshield gasket. The glass shop I took it to three times told me it wasn't. Then I got a crack in my windshield and they took it out and said my gasket was shot. They replaced the gasket and problem fixed!

Update: It was the Windshield gasket. The glass shop I took it to three times told me it wasn't. Then I got a crack in my windshield and they took it out and said my gasket was shot. They replaced the gasket and problem fixed!
I had the same symptoms, and the same problem. I was able to seal my original seal using some unobtainium glass sealant glue that a glass shop sold me on the sly.
Out of curiosity, did you use a Toyota windshield seal or a generic one?

Did the shop use sealant on both seam on the gasket? If not the problem is not solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom