WARN 8274...show what ya got! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW.. My son and I just unrolled all the cable off the winch and for the first time in over 30 years, he worked the remote and I guided the cable. Spooled it up nice and neat. It looks so good, why didn't I do this before?? Took a while, lots of stop and go, reversing etc. old solenoids did great...uh oh.... you know what that means the next time I get in a tight spot....
whinch spool 001.jpg

8274 leading the way up in the eastern Sierra ;)..taking me to new heights ..lol

186.JPG

24V 8274 hiding under cover....

20180316_184927.jpg

Our 8274 mounted on an IFS ARB deluxe bar, modified to suit the highmount and 105 chassis

39us4GN.jpg

SP1wtNU.jpg

EjmDICq.jpg

LGSjudq.jpg

RpZJLHV.jpg

YSMnug9.jpg

The 8274 is still going strong ;)

Winching dead fallen firs off the trail to get by.....using a snatch block as a redirect.
026.JPG

Winching dead fallen firs off the trail to get by.....using a snatch block as a redirect.View attachment 2542617

Good job. This type thing is where the 'speed' of the winch is really appreciated. About 90% of the use my 8274 gets is just this kind of thing (work around the ranch). Bought mine new in 1983, no telling how many hours of use it has on it now, but its a LOT.

Winching dead fallen firs off the trail to get by.....using a snatch block as a redirect.

Good job. This type thing is where the 'speed' of the winch is really appreciated. About 90% of the use my 8274 gets is just this kind of thing (work around the ranch). Bought mine new in 1983, no telling how many hours of use it has on it now, but its a LOT.

I've used mine a lot on our land also. Here it is hauling some trees up a steep hill to a burn pile:

IMG_1457[1].JPG

IMG_1459[1].JPG

IMG_1461[1].JPG

Which arb bumper are you using and how much did you have to modify? I've had a 8274 sitting in the garage for a while and just bought a 94 landcruiser. Thabks in advance

Curious myself.

I know the ARB 'commercial' bar will accept the 8274 'as is', but the 'deluxe' bar requires certain modifications.

Which arb bumper are you using and how much did you have to modify? I've had a 8274 sitting in the garage for a while and just bought a 94 landcruiser. Thabks in advance
I bought a used Delux bar and modified it to fit the 8274.....you need welding skills to accomplish this.

The biggest problem is the winch motor wants to hit the grill so you will have to add about 3 inches or so to ARB

The first thing I did was bolt the 8274 in the ARB and using a jack and jack stands to see how much I needed to add length wise to the ARB bumper...had to cut and bend front support bar as well...

019.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

Last edited:
Getting ready to winch Fir tree...

020.JPG

Last edited:
Winching Fir off of road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom