Warm air pull repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steffan

SILVER Star
Threads
I probably should have made a build thread somewhere along the line 10 years ago....
As I've been slowly reassembling, I'm finding all the little things that need repaired. With the heater and blower complete, I found the cables and they were pretty rough.
I searched and found some different approaches to fix the problem but ended up welding it just because that's the process I'm most familiar with. The first few attempts just left me with some big blobs on two different ends of the cable but eventually I got it dialed in. With a small flap disc I was able to sand it down to a reasonable shape. Some bicycle brake housing finished it off - seems to work well.

tempImageF40nNY.png

tempImagejYI2oc.png

tempImage7dyBiw.png

tempImagedLTNeR.png

tempImagepHk67e.png

Awesome job! You should be quite proud. Sometimes it is these types of solutions that provide the most satisfaction.
It’s these types of repairs that keep them on the road!! Awesome job!!!

I probably should have made a build thread somewhere along the line 10 years ago....
As I've been slowly reassembling, I'm finding all the little things that need repaired. With the heater and blower complete, I found the cables and they were pretty rough.
I searched and found some different approaches to fix the problem but ended up welding it just because that's the process I'm most familiar with. The first few attempts just left me with some big blobs on two different ends of the cable but eventually I got it dialed in. With a small flap disc I was able to sand it down to a reasonable shape. Some bicycle brake housing finished it off - seems to work well.

View attachment 3500537

View attachment 3500538

View attachment 3500539

View attachment 3500540

View attachment 3500541
Awesome job! You should be quite proud. Sometimes it is these types of solutions that provide the most satisfaction.
That’s how stuff supposed to get fixed- nice work.
It’s these types of repairs that keep them on the road!! Awesome job!!!

posted with permission of thread starter , who BTW , totally KICK's azz here , way way awesome !!!! AAAAAAAA++++++++

- so my Fettish with all thinks Toyota control cables started as a teenager , i worked one summer as a apprentice to a master cable rigger on boats ,,,

we did ALL Yamaha stuff typically ,

so that ignited a spark of sorts

@65swb45 , Uncle Mark saw what i was doing and plugged me into this tech thread below , that was a special time i was indeed still exploring and learning as i went

it led to this below , TOKAIRIKA of JAPAN makes me thee knob to a undifined long end of black modern sealed outer jacket and the core cable is nor galvinized

i trim both of them , and coil the end detail all ny hand , i give mine a extra turn to make 3 full coils

toyota only did 2

they failed there and broke my will not ////

see the tech reel top

turn on the speaker ICON and turn it up , this was no easy task and i burned up a good 4 cables getting it right 🔊

the best part is they include the little chrome plated brass collar ..............ahhhhhhhhhhhh details that matter and matter do details

this is a work of mechanical ballet and i absolutely love it ! :cool:

see this link # PLEASE !

FRESH PULL IS NEXT in 2024 ..

1702068397231.png

1702068448139.png

1702068477009.png

l.

DSCN8024 - Copy.JPG
DSCN7262 (1).JPG
download (25) - Copy1.jpg

s-l225.jpg

IMG_9609.JPG