Builds Warhorse-LS3 C&C & more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She's a beauty Stan. Almost needs to be in a glass case.

Can't wait to run Dingo around... We are days away now.

J

Thanks much Jason, It's the truck I'd build for myself. If I wanted another truck :) My heart is leaning toward a classic RestoMod of some sort, it'll find me. I am expanding out to non Land Cruiser builds, not stopping with LCs, so if you know someone looking for a hot rod build, point them this way buddy.

I am looking forward to seeing Dingo as well, glad you are finishing the build for your taste. Guarantee you will have more offers than you know what to do with. Question is, will you let it go now.

Thanks much Jason, It's the truck I'd build for myself. If I wanted another truck :) My heart is leaning toward a classic RestoMod of some sort, it'll find me. I am expanding out to non Land Cruiser builds so if you know someone looking for a hot rod build, point them this way buddy.

I am looking forward to seeing Dingo as well, glad you are finishing the build for your taste. Guarantee you will have more offers than you know what to do with. Question is, will you let it go now.

Knowing me; if the offer came before being finished, I'd probably sell. If I finish the build to my liking... be hard to sell.

I ran across a 55 Ford pick up the other day and you know I love anything '55 era. It was hard not to scoop it up. But, I'm looking for a 40s-50s COE to make a hauler out of now.

As always, I'll send you anything that hits my referral desk.

J

COEs are the bomb! My dad drove one part time for a fuel oil company when I was a kid. I've seen a couple custom haulers built on that platform, can't think of anyone else I'd like to see build one. GO FOR IT!

Indeed!

ac990ea68b3a4f8509f82821bb073044.jpg

Stan, great work! Let's see some action videos now...
My wife is in charge of videos and I know that she has not started working on one for this truck to date. I am sure she is looking forward to being dragged on a creeper under the truck while it is up on the lift (see Hound video). Once the exhaust is installed I will be putting some miles on the truck and working out any bugs.

Amazing as usual! Dig those headlights. Did you mention which ones they are?

-Ed
Headlights are Vision X, make sure to get a pair of polarity reversers if you go with them.

Cheers!

LOL Tommy, Heather says that you have a better shot of seeing God than that video!

Warhorse is out catching some rays. Finally got an exhaust system installed, great work just had to wait for the exhaust guy to mend from a torn calf muscle. God I love a 60 on an 80 roller, Dobinson progressive springs make the ride smoooooooth! Time to start putting on some miles and work out any bugs.

On a side note, my wife's past comments on the 60s I've built won't hold up on this one. "I love it, aside from it's complete lack of 80ness." Underneath it's all 80.

92827975_3133656619998541_7179286110143512576_o.jpg

Thank you, you are too kind.

How about a shot from the front or back? I’m curious about how far the tires stick out. Looks like an inch or so?

great work I’m looking for cheap 80s right now!

This has been a tough build, seems like every possible obstacle that could be encountered, was. So it was no surprise when the guy making the AC hoses and charging the system called with a problem, he could not locate manifold for the compressor that would work. Granted, he is not accustomed to "custom" work so I picked up the truck and jumped on the internet. As luck would have it I found just what I needed and hour away at Hawks Motorsports.

I gave them a call and they had what I needed in stock, so my wife went by and picked it up while running some errands. I checked the fit and it was too tight to fit into the larger scoop out in the frame shown in the photo. It faced rearward. But, the manifold gods were smiling on me and they had the same piece in a mirror configuration with the threaded bungs facing forward. Another 2 hour round trip and I had the piece that fits like a glove!

Compressor Manifold GOLD!
94192411_3173266506037552_797402326800269312_n.jpg
93826826_3173266596037543_737863995494498304_n.jpg

Manifold fits into the large scoop
29244263_1847422288621987_7264232574619222016_n.jpg

I use Spectre 4" 90s. They have one long leg and one very short leg. They fit tight, right up to the lid of the air box.
spe-9781_ml.jpg

Last edited:
@Jdog i didn't use what Stan posted I cut what i had way down to fit also frenched the clamp around the 90° to make it shorter. Its tight but doesn't hit the hood.
Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom