1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Hot TBI Chip Setup

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Diesel Wannabe, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Diesel Wannabe

Diesel Wannabe

My GM TBI setup isn't providing enough top end power for me. I only drive trails - maybe 200 miles/year so I am not concerned about mileage or emissions. I am looking for the max power I can get from a stock 2F engine. I have a PROM burner and eraser so I just need the file to burn - I MAY be able to tune it from there, but I want to start as close as possible for what I want to do.

Anyone have a file that they can share legally?

TIA.

2. okie

okie

don't tune it yourself there are people out there that are so good at this. just go around where you live to the local shops and ask around.

3. dustin

dustin

4. Diesel Wannabe

Diesel Wannabe

Dustin. I am up and running - the Howell system in fact. I am just looking for a "hotter" chip...

5. dustin

dustin

ah, cool. I didnt see that you had the burner. they can mod the chip for you too. But obviously requires some down time on the rig while its in the mail though. I had them tweak mine when I went from 4.3 to 5.7.

I should send you my chip! :) I would like to tweak it a little too.

cheers!
    Dustin

6. Diesel Wannabe

Diesel Wannabe

No down time in the mail. I bought 30 or so of the ROMs on ebay for $1 each. I have a couple of chip configs I've tried, have the files saved and have plenty of backups (I bring a backup compuyter and chip to the trails...).

7. shwa76

shwa76

hey dieselwannabe,
    would you burn me one? is there really some sort of legal issue with these things? seems like if you make your own map and burn it your self that it is your intellectual property.

8. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Also I had Woody add the ability to attach BIN and XDF files like you would a photo.

What ECU are you running? A bin bin for a 7747 is not going to work on an 8032 or vise versa.

9. shwa76

shwa76

i'll have to check. how do i identify it? it is mounted in my glove box. i will have to unscrew it to view it.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">