Removing spring over suspension setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I currently own a BJ42 that was built by Hilltop Cruisers here in AB, Canada. It currently has a spring over suspension setup running on 37s. I want to remove the spring over setup and need some guidance.

Can someone point me in the right direction if there is a kit I can order, or assist in listing out the modifications I will need for this conversion?

Thank you so much in advance!

Did they do a shackle reversal on the front ? Did they cut & turn the front end ? Both can be corrected if they did. Some people keep the spring purch some cut it off but clearly you will be using the spring under ones if they left them on, if not you will need to get some and weld on, as mentioned above you can decide wether to cut/grind the soa perches or leave them. Might have to shorten drive shafts, maybe not but usually. reverse what steering mods were made to accomodate lift. Now the shackle reversal if wanting to return to original and the front axle cut & turn if done are a bit more involved to reverse. I would get a stock axle housing and swap your parts, easier depending on location/availability & funds. The shackle reverse you need to remove all the non stock stuff, weld fixed hanger back into stock location under frame and weld shackle mounts under frame horns out front, plenty of pics and measurements on here to get that right. Set it down slow on those 37's, you may need 35's or 33's.

Did they do a shackle reversal on the front ? Did they cut & turn the front end ? Both can be corrected if they did. Some people keep the spring purch some cut it off but clearly you will be using the spring under ones if they left them on, if not you will need to get some and weld on, as mentioned above you can decide wether to cut/grind the soa perches or leave them. Might have to shorten drive shafts, maybe not but usually. reverse what steering mods were made to accomodate lift. Now the shackle reversal if wanting to return to original and the front axle cut & turn if done are a bit more involved to reverse. I would get a stock axle housing and swap your parts, easier depending on location/availability & funds. The shackle reverse you need to remove all the non stock stuff, weld fixed hanger back into stock location under frame and weld shackle mounts under frame horns out front, plenty of pics and measurements on here to get that right. Set it down slow on those 37's, you may need 35's or 33's.
Thank you sir. I will need to check and get back to you.

Hello all,

I currently own a BJ42 that was built by Hilltop Cruisers here in AB, Canada. It currently has a spring over suspension setup running on 37s. I want to remove the spring over setup and need some guidance.

Can someone point me in the right direction if there is a kit I can order, or assist in listing out the modifications I will need for this conversion?

Thank you so much in advance!
Just go get a set of stock axles. People throw stock 40 axles away. Mount them sprung under.
I‘m on Vancouver Island. Have a set of ‘79 axles sitting out back. What year is your truck?
No kit required, just new U Bolts and bushings. Or just Weld on a set of perches to the
bottom of the axles you have. Were the knuckles turned on the front axle you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom