Builds V8 Swap Project Begins! (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update on recent progress:

I have finally installed the PCS transmission controller. The factory TCU is gone. The harness has been chopped and the tcu pitched to the scrap pile. I have started the tuning process. The truck now must be driven around while I tune it with my laptop. It will be awesome to feel the power when this truck is shifting right.

After the tranny is done I need to get the ram assist on the steering plumbed in b/c the super swampers death shake bad at 35mph. I hope the ram helps. Also need to get the Ron davis radiator installed.

Thats the scoop

Kirk

Update on recent progress:

I have finally installed the PCS transmission controller. The factory TCU is gone. The harness has been chopped and the tcu pitched to the scrap pile. I have started the tuning process. The truck now must be driven around while I tune it with my laptop. It will be awesome to feel the power when this truck is shifting right.

After the tranny is done I need to get the ram assist on the steering plumbed in b/c the super swampers death shake bad at 35mph. I hope the ram helps. Also need to get the Ron davis radiator installed.

Thats the scoop

Kirk

Nice dude...

And some Ron Davis bling too!

Woot!

-o-

I have a tach converter from Marks Adapters, it converts the 8 cyl signal to the Toyota 6 cyl tach. I got it with my T-case adapter from someone here in the classifieds and did not need it with my diesel conversion. Not sure what it is worth but if you are interested let me know. Great job by the way, can't wait to see finished pictures!
Rusty

I have more pics to post of the Ron Davis radiator and the install of the PCS tranny control. Will try to get them up tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the ron davis radiator, mega tranny cooler, egr can turned into a mega p/s reservoir and ram assist steering.
Photo_032008_001.JPG

Photo_032008_002.JPG

Photo_032008_003.JPG
Photo_032008_001.JPG
Photo_032008_002.JPG
Photo_032008_003.JPG

Let me know if you are working on it one of these weekends, I would love to come down and drool, Oh I mean help you with that project.
Dave

Let me know if you are working on it one of these weekends, I would love to come down and drool, Oh I mean help you with that project.
Dave

Where do you live?

Time is always my enemy. I sure wish I could wrench a few hours every day. There are times this project has gone a month without being worked on.

Better Pics
P1000365(1).JPG

P1000366(1).JPG

P1000367(1).JPG
P1000365(1).JPG
P1000366(1).JPG
P1000367(1).JPG

Hi Gary.

2009 may be my western tour. might go see beno in NM. This season is already shot building a new house.

Hi All,

New to the site but long time Land cruiser nut. My FJ-60 was stolen a while back so now in search of a clean early FJ-80. I have an LT-1 I want to use in this rig. ANY suggestions, insight, tips, sources of info for sets up that work and what to avoid would be much appreciated. I am leaning toward using a 4L-80 e (w/ manual shift kit?) in lieu of the expensive and seemingly weak/troublesom adapters. I do like the idea of the torque splitters though.

Scott

Franktown Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom