UWHARRIE with Lowcountry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
We are tenatively planning a Uwharrie trip weekend of 29 May. I will be arriving Friday evening (29 May) to set up camp with wheeling on Saturday and SUnday (30-31 May).

Meeting at Outpost around 9am.....

We are trying to all camp at Arrowhead Campground...

Would love to have a few of you Upstate members as well join us for our first real combined event.

We have a thread on LC forum with links to recreation.gov to make your campsite reservations...and other info.

Hope to see you there....:popcorn:

CAMPING

Arrowhead Camp Ground
Register with Recreation.gov and then search for
Arrowhead Campground (NC)
UWHARRIE FOREST 789 HWY 24/27
East Troy NC 27371
I like the campsite back around 20-25 on UPPER LOOP the best.

Biden Lake Trail Map OHV
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/badin_lake_trail_map.pdf

Fri evening (29 May) through Sun morning (31 May)

Plan is for me to go up Friday evening and set up camp at Arrowhead.....then on Saturday morning meet at Eldorado Outpost to purchase your OHV Permits, air down, buy food, etc....no later than 9:00am Wheel all day Saturday and then camp again Saturday night....then either return home on Sunday or wheel a short trail that morning before returning to our homes.

Last edited:
C'mon guys, let's make this a big event.:cheers:
We already have 6 or 7 of us going.:clap::clap:

I put it on my calendar.
For those of you who haven't been lately this isn't your father's URE. Just as Tellico evolved over the years before they started doing all the 'upgrades' it has eroded a good bit.
It's gotten pretty mean in places. You won't be bored. It's still doable, but takes more attention.
So come on UC, anybody out there still into wheeling an LC? Or is it just about eating and talking these days? Just a pleasant hour past Charlotte for upstaters.
b

whos bringin da crabcakes? :D

Im gonna try and make it if ya dont mind a ONSC/UC/butnotUCLCer coming along.

For those of you who haven't been lately this isn't your father's URE. Just as Tellico evolved over the years before they started doing all the 'upgrades' it has eroded a good bit.
It's gotten pretty mean in places. You won't be bored. It's still doable, but takes more attention.
b

he's not lying........................just ask alex:lol:
little rain makes a lot of difference

fresh dent in the rubber
April09008.jpg

first time ive used my winch for self extraction
April09021.jpg

alex'sjunk.jpg
alex'srigging.jpg
April09 017.jpg

Cant make this weekend, have the kiddos.

That isn't the issue, it is the soccer/birthday party/swimming lessons/etc that keep me in with the kids.

Site #50. The :princess: likes to be near the bath house.
b

When do you guys need numbers? Other than reserving a campsite, any concerns on a last minute decision?

nope....just reserve your campsite so you got a place to pitch your tent....and that way we will expect you but wont be surprised if 20 rigs show up Saturday morning at outpost...LOL

Site 23- I gotta be far away from Bill Wright, may have to dig hole behind site 25 so I dont have to go to the bath house this time. :D :D

2nd that. A few friends went to URE last weekend and reported, "same nasty A$$ bathhouses. If the forest service is itching to close something why not the bathhouses, seeing how they don't clean um anyway. :mad:

I was impressed the last time, Warm too

I was impressed the last time, Warm too

Remember when we went it was cold and raining, not as many campers.

But the guys last week may have gone in behind those "other" 4x4ers. He said the trails were crowed with ATVers on suicide missions. Several of the club members were forced over unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom