UWHARRIE with Lowcountry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

look forward to seeing you....

as for bonzai four wheelers...I will not go off the trail. it is like swerving recklessly to avoid a squirrel or opossum in road....not worth crashing vehicle or hurting you and passengers to get out of way of something dumb enough to get out in middle of busy road like that.

I will help them stop though.....or my demello or warn bumpers will after I stop and sit still so they can avoid the incident under their own power.

ONSC will be up there the weekend of May 16th. If you can't make it the last weekend, try and make our weekend. We'd be glad to have you out there...

I agree w/ Brock, besides I'm much bigger

When do you guys need numbers? Other than reserving a campsite, any concerns on a last minute decision?

Carp, we should have room at our site if you want to share with us. Site #21 is a 60' pull through.

I am going to check with the SO and see if we can make it. It has been FAR too long since we have got out and had some fun.

We're In!!!! Caught the SO before she was completely awake...reserved site 18. We will be there with the Kimberly and the DOG. Also plan on bringing mountain bikes if anyone is interested.

looks like we are going to need at least two groups on the trails so they dont back up too much...so if someone from Upstate wants to volunteer to lead a group that will be cool. We can talk Friday night or at Outpost before we depart Sat morning.

This is going to be outstanding...:D

I think we'll need 2 ability groups anyway. I won't be one of the hardcore guys this time though. I'll lead one group if no one else wants to, but I don't have a winch (yet). I will have some straps and tree savers, also a snach block

So I am thinking about this trip...but it will be a gametime decision. I'll ask the same question Carp did...will that be an issue with camping. Already it seems the sites are filling up. It would just be me (I think).

a few have larger sites...and you can reserve a site and cancel it and still get a refund up to i think 24 hours in advance....check to be sure.

there are some sites that will hold two or more tents so can find you a spot.

Next time, we can get the group camping spot (we can check it out while we're there) It holds up to 75 people for $40 a night. Not sure about the amenities though.

yep that would be great...did not know there was one up there. Then again I thought this would be like most the other runs this past year.....with only 3-4 rigs showing up. Who knew we would be bordering on 17 rigs and 25+ bodies in attendance on Saturday? :D :D

So I am thinking about this trip...but it will be a gametime decision. I'll ask the same question Carp did...will that be an issue with camping. Already it seems the sites are filling up. It would just be me (I think).

I offered up a part of our site to Carp and anyone else that can squeeze in. My site details say that up to 8 people can stay, but only two vehicles. So that may be the real issue, parking vehicles legally.

Campground: ARROWHEAD CAMPGROUND (NC)
Site: 021
Site Type: STANDARD ELECTRIC
Loop: UPPER LOOP
Site Details:

• Site Type: STANDARD ELECTRIC
  • Site Reserve Type: Site-Specific
  • ADA Accessible: Y
  • Checkin Time: 4:00 pm
  • Checkout Time: 2:00 pm
  • Type of Use: Overnight
  • Electricity Hookup: 15
  • Minimum Number of People: 1
  • Maximum Number of People: 8
  • Pets Allowed: Domestic
  • Maximum Number of Vehicles: 2
  • Driveway Surface: Paved
  • Driveway Entry: Pull-Through
  • Driveway Length: 60
  • Maximum Vehicle Length: 28
  • Shade: Full
  • Capacity/Size Rating: Single
  • Tent Pad: Y
  • BBQ: Y
  • Campfire Allowed: Y
  • Fire Pit: Y
  • Picnic Table: Y

We have room for additional vehicles/folks as well. We will have the Kimberly and 1 vehicle.

We'll have some extra space too probably. I've invited Andy Smith but he'll probably go back to Charlotte for the night.
Site 50 next to the bath house. Far away from Brock and his latrine hole. But no electric, you know, roughing it. Course there's 110 on the FJC.
b

I think Brock is out. the post Rick put up quotes the rules as : Domestic pets only!

Anyway, I'm doing everything I can to make this one. Even if Ive got to rob a 7-11. Got Sunday off work and a buddy of mine from work may be making the trip as well. Might need some space. Ill be pulling the 40 with my pickup wich is about 20 feet long plus the trailer. At least I can sleep in the back if need be.

We may be able to get away with him if we muzzle him around camp.
b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom