UWHARRIE with Lowcountry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is AMAZING! You caught the moment on film!
UREmay31-20.jpg

We took almost no photos while on Daniel, because we were so frazzled trying to get our rigs up the trail. Thanks for all your help Jerry! We saw Stan and Heather off the trails just fine and they even caught up with us on Highway 49 before Charlotte after we stopped for a bite to eat and to top off the tanks. He said he was getting a clicking from the rear diff (now unloaded of course). I guess he'll be looking into regearing too!

That is AMAZING! You caught the moment on film!
UREmay31-20.jpg

We took almost no photos while on Daniel, because we were so frazzled trying to get our rigs up the trail. Thanks for all your help Jerry! We saw Stan and Heather off the trails just fine and they even caught up with us on Highway 49 before Charlotte after we stopped for a bite to eat and to top off the tanks. He said he was getting a clicking from the rear diff (now unloaded of course). I guess he'll be looking into regearing too!

Not a problem and sorry we couldn't massage Bertha up the trail any better. We didn't take any pictures the rest of the way up either, everyone was kind of quite after the failure. And, thanks for hanging with Stan, getting him down the hill. He said it was surprising how bad a front wheel drive FJC handles the mud and a slight hill.

I talked with him and he thinks the rear clicking might have been due to the fact it was spinning w/o a load. Of course, he won't know the true extent until the output shaft is repaired, yes, he may be looking at a R&P also.

He posted the discussion he had in the "blue room" with the Toyota dealer tech, service manager then regional rep regarding his situation. All came to the same conclusion..."That's just weird".

It is having to go up the chain of command to the National rep for clearing of a warranty claim. All he talked with claimed it was the first they had heard of, just hope they take care of him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom