Builds URJ150 Peridot Prado Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One thing you might notice is color coding in the FSMs might not be accurate and should rely on pinouts. I've seen different versions in worldwide based FSMs on the 460 alone. Some 150 series Prados have significantly different wiring harnesses in some areas. I came across this when doing the initial research on the crawl/MTS mod years back. Only some of the early Prados can be easily retrofit with crawl & MTS. I didn't research on later model years but I have a feeling '18+ are probably similar in the increased complexity that 20+ 460 offers up for crawl & MTS. 20+ headlights went strictly to CANBUS control on the 460.

Wow, that's a lot more than I was thinking for shipping. I am not sure getting from a place like Guatemala would be cheaper since they have the prado as well. As for the rear door, if you are up to it, I am sure plenty of gx460 and gx470 owners would want one and split shipping. Very excited to see your build! Now I need to figure out a reason to tell my wife why this is necessary.

Yeah. It came as one huge box (80x29x33) with everything except the hood - and another large hood box. The large box was on a pallet and the hood was in a wood 'cage'. In all honesty, it was less than $2000. More like $16xx, but then there were brokerage fees, bond, insurance and lift gate. It was closer to $1800 all in, but rounding up, call it $2000. Again, on a bulk shipment a lot of fees area spread out, so that's where the savings would be.

Keep in mind, you'd also have prep and paint and install - so it's death by 1000 cuts (like everything). A Dobinson lift kit isn't *actually* $1000, right? Once you add rear air bag delete ($250), UCAs ($600), diff drop ($50), top hats ($100), bump stops ($200), alignment ($100) and of course labor if you don't do it yourself. That $1000 lift kit is now closer to $3000 (of course, I didn't account for shipping this time either ;) ).

As for Guatemala, I've heard that, I've heard Peru, I've heard Costa Rica - in theory it makes sense. But I'll tell you - the shipping industry is not at all intuitive. I just quoted the main box (not the hood) and it came back as $1954 from San Jose Guatemala to Detroit Michigan (where I am). Colorado may be cheaper, but I suspect it's not. Often times shipping by boat from halfway across the globe is just less expensive than trucking it 1/4 of the distance, as odd as that sounds.

Yeah. It came as one huge box (80x29x33) with everything except the hood - and another large hood box. The large box was on a pallet and the hood was in a wood 'cage'. In all honesty, it was less than $2000. More like $16xx, but then there were brokerage fees, bond, insurance and lift gate. It was closer to $1800 all in, but rounding up, call it $2000. Again, on a bulk shipment a lot of fees area spread out, so that's where the savings would be.

Keep in mind, you'd also have prep and paint and install - so it's death by 1000 cuts (like everything). A Dobinson lift kit isn't *actually* $1000, right? Once you add rear air bag delete ($250), UCAs ($600), diff drop ($50), top hats ($100), bump stops ($200), alignment ($100) and of course labor if you don't do it yourself. That $1000 lift kit is now closer to $3000 (of course, I didn't account for shipping this time either ;) ).

As for Guatemala, I've heard that, I've heard Peru, I've heard Costa Rica - in theory it makes sense. But I'll tell you - the shipping industry is not at all intuitive. I just quoted the main box (not the hood) and it came back as $1954 from San Jose Guatemala to Detroit Michigan (where I am). Colorado may be cheaper, but I suspect it's not. Often times shipping by boat from halfway across the globe is just less expensive than trucking it 1/4 of the distance, as odd as that sounds.
Thank you for sharing the info. I while back, I found GBT through this video and contacted them but I don't think they are used to dealing with US customers. Let us know next time you plan a shipment and we can try filling a container full of gx parts. I know this is not a gx but here is my recent conversation that I just completed. I wish these companies would keep the original look

PXL_20210224_040543857.MP.jpg

Thank you for sharing the info. I while back, I found GBT through this video and contacted them but I don't think they are used to dealing with US customers. Let us know next time you plan a shipment and we can try filling a container full of gx parts. I know this is not a gx but here is my recent conversation that I just completed. I wish these companies would keep the original look

View attachment 2595970

Nothing I love more than a Holden conversion!

Again, once this is ‘done’ I’ll post on some of the FB groups and see if there’s interest. I have no problem facilitating a group buy and sharing whatever information I’ve learned from the install.

I’ll also do the same with the rear door. I have a feeling that’ll be more popular as it’s solving an issue (5th wheel mount) so maybe that’ll help fill the container and reduce the shipping cost even more.

I am so excited for this build as this is what I want to do to mine? Could you share where you got it from and rough costs? Maybe if enough people are interested here, people could split shipping. My end goal is something like this below

View attachment 2595775
My only concern with the build above is all those lights sitting right above the windshield. They will get so much glare that they may never want to use them!
They need to sit back further, but doing that will probably cause them to sit higher. Best solution would be just using an LED light bar and have it sit a little further back on the roof. I do like almost everything else about it, but it needs a winch and snorkel! :p

My only concern with the build above is all those lights sitting right above the windshield. They will get so much glare that they may never want to use them!
They need to sit back further, but doing that will probably cause them to sit higher. Best solution would be just using an LED light bar and have it sit a little further back on the roof. I do like almost everything else about it, but it needs a winch and snorkel! :p
I agree with you. I mostly like the front end. I am not a fan of lightbars on the roof other than looking cool. I am planning on getting a couple of amber BD LP6s or LP9s and mounting them on the front bumper. I am still contemplating if I want a full bumper or just a hidden winch mount. This is a family vehicle so trying to keep weight down. Not planning on going rock crawling anytime soon.

Reactions: r2m
That's awesome! Is the bottom plastic or a metal hybrid bumper. That's pretty much what I am looking to do minus the bright colors and having a winch mount.
Oh yeah. I'm not into the bright colors either - but it's a demo car, so , I get it...

The bottom is steel AFAIK.

KADDIS Prado Painted Black_05.jpg
KADDIS Prado Painted Black_04.jpg
KADDIS Prado Painted Black_03.jpg
KADDIS Prado Painted Black_02.jpg
KADDIS Prado Painted Black_01.jpg

Few more in more subtle colors.

It's from a Japanese company called Roadhouse / KADDIS. They make a bunch of interesting stuff. But it's my favorite bumper / bull bar for sure.

Oh yeah. I'm not into the bright colors either - but it's a demo car, so , I get it...

The bottom is steel AFAIK.

View attachment 2596479View attachment 2596480View attachment 2596481View attachment 2596482View attachment 2596483

Few more in more subtle colors.

It's from a Japanese company called Roadhouse / KADDIS. They make a bunch of interesting stuff. But it's my favorite bumper / bull bar for sure.
That looks really good but it doesn't seem like it has a place for a front winch at least from what I can see here. Roadhouse - KADDIS Fiber Protection for Late Model 150 Prado - https://www.nengun.com/roadhouse/kaddis-fiber-protection-for-late-model-150-prado

Maybe a place like hefty fabworks can fab something for the prado front end. Something similar to this

That looks really good but it doesn't seem like it has a place for a front winch at least from what I can see here. Roadhouse - KADDIS Fiber Protection for Late Model 150 Prado - https://www.nengun.com/roadhouse/kaddis-fiber-protection-for-late-model-150-prado

Maybe a place like hefty fabworks can fab something for the prado front end. Something similar to this

Thats true. Definitely a down side.

I considered integrating a stealth winch mount like the Bud Built. I’d have to cut for it, but since it extends out a bit - I’m confident there’s room.

That Hefty one is nice. But the challenge is getting someone to fab for this bumper. At least if the KADDIS fits the bumper - I can do my fabbing underneath and make minimal cuts to the exterior.

Decisions for another day. ;)

Thats true. Definitely a down side.

I considered integrating a stealth winch mount like the Bud Built. I’d have to cut for it, but since it extends out a bit - I’m confident there’s room.

That Hefty one is nice. But the challenge is getting someone to fab for this bumper. At least if the KADDIS fits the bumper - I can do my fabbing underneath and make minimal cuts to the exterior.

Decisions for another day. ;)
I did not know that Bud Built still made a hidden winch mount for the 460. The only one I though that existed was the LFD one. That would be very nice

I did not know that Bud Built still made a hidden winch mount for the 460. The only one I though that existed was the LFD one. That would be very nice

My plan would be to make the 5th Gen 4Runner mount work. I believe I read another thread where someone did it.

Man finally another Prado conversion. I’ve been trying to contact green bow for a while now looks like he’s no longer on these forums. I too am doing this conversion, I was able to source the kit as well for really good price. I based everything on whatever green bow had done. From the looks of it parts look to fit but of course misc screws and parts will still be needed. I found diagrams for the Prado which was hard to find but now I nearly have all the Toyota genuine parts numbers all the way down to screws. From my research some of the screws and parts are similar to the GX460 and some are unique. @mattgold have you identified which Prado parts are needed? Stuff like radiator cover, front bumper absorber and so forth? It’s nice to know I’m not the only one that loves the Prado 150 front end. I look forward to seeing your build. I’m saving to get mine painted sometime in March or April. Please keep us updated on your build.

666C47E7-6F95-4E14-831D-4B240498D914.jpeg

3BB740A3-07E4-4BE2-B49F-0CE20C414766.jpeg

D8140E59-8543-4932-8331-FDA95C9ADC5D.jpeg

Oh yeah! That's great!

I opted for the full Toyota badging - but the L looks right at home there! I've seen a couple other cool grilles with the oval, so your options are wide open.

So I managed to get the parts from the Middle East through a supplier. I don't have a link, but I can tell you the kit was around $1500 and shipping was around $2000. If there were more people, the shipping could be DRASTICALLY reduced. I'm thinking as low as $500-$600 (don't quote me) since a full container is only in the $4000 range (it fluctuates, but, yeah). Maybe even the price of the parts would drop in bulk. Not sure.

I should say - as impressive and complete the kit is - it's not 100%. There were a few items I needed to source and I'm still in the process of doing so. I'll compile a full list once I'm driving it so there are minimal surprises for anyone else considering taking the dive. Right now, I'm at about $250 additional in parts. Although OEM could be modified in a pinch.

I have a lot on the to-do list; suspension, GROM CarPlay, blacking out some trim, roof rack - but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 5th wheel rear door. The same supplier has a "OEM" 5th wheel rear door kit - and if the quality is on par with the rest of their stuff - should be nice. It takes about 45 days to arrive, so I'm thinking I will order now so in a couple months I can dive back in. The body shop has been great - but I know they're sick of working on this truck and looking at my face. ;)
I found a supplier in China for way cheaper. The suppliers in the Middle East buy directly from China and mark it up since they have to pay fees and so forth. Shipping from their location also cost more. I was able to get my kit shipped to California for $1500 by sea freight. For genuine Toyota parts I used mega zip and partsnext both good sources for oem. I’m a sucker for stuff that fits properly so I’m trying to see what parts are needed and look forward to your updates.

Nice! This is actually my render I had made for my plan to do a Prado front end conversion.

Awesome render skills! Looks like a great build.

Man finally another Prado conversion. I’ve been trying to contact green bow for a while now looks like he’s no longer on these forums. I too am doing this conversion, I was able to source the kit as well for really good price. I based everything on whatever green bow had done. From the looks of it parts look to fit but of course misc screws and parts will still be needed. I found diagrams for the Prado which was hard to find but now I nearly have all the Toyota genuine parts numbers all the way down to screws. From my research some of the screws and parts are similar to the GX460 and some are unique. @mattgold have you identified which Prado parts are needed? Stuff like radiator cover, front bumper absorber and so forth? It’s nice to know I’m not the only one that loves the Prado 150 front end. I look forward to seeing your build. I’m saving to get mine painted sometime in March or April. Please keep us updated on your build.

Yeah, @GreenbowCounty has sold and been out of a GX for a little while now. I was able to catch him at the end of his run and pick his brain a bit. The bottom line concensus was start with a kit instead of piecing it together.

The kit I bought was very complete although not 100%. I'm a bit hesitant to post exactly what was missing since not everything has arrived/been verified, and depending on the owner, personal preference comes into play a bit - but here's what I ran into so far.

• Rear Bumper Trim - This is two/three pieces depending on what you want to reuse. I ordered 52162-60050 (52162-60090 was also listed, but I couldn't tell the difference) along with 52179-60080. The first part number is the 'flat' piece that sits on top of the bumper, the second part number is the "L" shaped piece that attaches over it. There is a third piece; 58766-60030 which is the small center "Jack Box Hole Cover". It's basically the same as the little cover in your GX rear bumper cover (part number crosses over to Lexus)
  • Rear Bumper Lights - My kit didn't include these. Not sure why, but they're cheap. I bought an aftermarket LED version for around $50 and an aftermarket halogen version for $30. The LEDs were a bit 'much' for me - so I went with Halogen. HOWEVER, the halogen version didn't include bulbs/sockets/wiring and to be honest, I still need to verify which bulb/sockets work. Its NOT a 7440 bulb as the OEM Prado 150 was. So for right now, they are just reflectors, not actual lights. Side note, the rear bumper lamps in the GX are both reverse and running lamps - in the Prado the reverse lamps are in the tail lights. The good news is - there's actually enough slack in the line to run the OEM reverse bulbs to the tails - bt the bumper lights need to be wired into the tail harness (running lamp is the brown wire IIRC).
  • Tail Light Harness - My kit didn't include an adapter for the rear tail lamps. I clipped and rewired my OEM plug to the new tail harness. It was a total of four wires, pretty straight forward. More detailed info to come.
  • Mud Flaps - The OEM GX mud flaps don't fit the Prado fenders / bumper. You MIGHT be able to get away with modifying the OEMs, but buying Prado ones is probably the answer. Alternatively, you can run without them (which I'm doing for now).
  • Hood Insulator - Not a big deal to reuse the OEM one. The tabs towards the windshield fit and the front three clips fit - but that's it. It leaves 5 clips unused and a couple holes in the hood that would receive clips exposed.
100% lots of clips and screws cross over to Toyota OEM. Hell, a lot of parts do. But I don't know if it's the best use of money to buy OEM clips at $4 a pop, when you can buy a 100 pack of the most common clips for $7: 100x TOYOTA & LEXUS Trim Panel Clips Bumper Fender Push Pin Rivet 7 8 9mm Engine | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100x-TOYOTA-LEXUS-Trim-Panel-Clips-Bumper-Fender-Push-Pin-Rivet-7-8-9mm-Engine/294018322288?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

To your specific questions, my kit included radiator cover and engine bay fender liners. Although the radiator cover needed a slight trim to clear the radiator cap (made it pretty). Front bumper absorber worked with minor trimming as well.

I found a supplier in China for way cheaper. The suppliers in the Middle East buy directly from China and mark it up since they have to pay fees and so forth. Shipping from their location also cost more. I was able to get my kit shipped to California for $1500 by sea freight. For genuine Toyota parts I used mega zip and partsnext both good sources for oem. I’m a sucker for stuff that fits properly so I’m trying to see what parts are needed and look forward to your updates.

Yeah. That's not surprising. I think lots of OEM stuff might come from China as well.

In addition to MegaZip and PartsNext - I also like Partsouq and Amayama. It's crazy to check prices on Amayama and see how much stuff costs from Japan vs UAE. You'll also notice lots of guys ship from UAE warehouses, and it's just... cheaper. Not sure why.

Yeah, @GreenbowCounty has sold and been out of a GX for a little while now. I was able to catch him at the end of his run and pick his brain a bit. The bottom line concensus was start with a kit instead of piecing it together.

The kit I bought was very complete although not 100%. I'm a bit hesitant to post exactly what was missing since not everything has arrived/been verified, and depending on the owner, personal preference comes into play a bit - but here's what I ran into so far.

• Rear Bumper Trim - This is two/three pieces depending on what you want to reuse. I ordered 52162-60050 (52162-60090 was also listed, but I couldn't tell the difference) along with 52179-60080. The first part number is the 'flat' piece that sits on top of the bumper, the second part number is the "L" shaped piece that attaches over it. There is a third piece; 58766-60030 which is the small center "Jack Box Hole Cover". It's basically the same as the little cover in your GX rear bumper cover (part number crosses over to Lexus)
  • Rear Bumper Lights - My kit didn't include these. Not sure why, but they're cheap. I bought an aftermarket LED version for around $50 and an aftermarket halogen version for $30. The LEDs were a bit 'much' for me - so I went with Halogen. HOWEVER, the halogen version didn't include bulbs/sockets/wiring and to be honest, I still need to verify which bulb/sockets work. Its NOT a 7440 bulb as the OEM Prado 150 was. So for right now, they are just reflectors, not actual lights. Side note, the rear bumper lamps in the GX are both reverse and running lamps - in the Prado the reverse lamps are in the tail lights. The good news is - there's actually enough slack in the line to run the OEM reverse bulbs to the tails - bt the bumper lights need to be wired into the tail harness (running lamp is the brown wire IIRC).
  • Tail Light Harness - My kit didn't include an adapter for the rear tail lamps. I clipped and rewired my OEM plug to the new tail harness. It was a total of four wires, pretty straight forward. More detailed info to come.
  • Mud Flaps - The OEM GX mud flaps don't fit the Prado fenders / bumper. You MIGHT be able to get away with modifying the OEMs, but buying Prado ones is probably the answer. Alternatively, you can run without them (which I'm doing for now).
  • Hood Insulator - Not a big deal to reuse the OEM one. The tabs towards the windshield fit and the front three clips fit - but that's it. It leaves 5 clips unused and a couple holes in the hood that would receive clips exposed.
100% lots of clips and screws cross over to Toyota OEM. Hell, a lot of parts do. But I don't know if it's the best use of money to buy OEM clips at $4 a pop, when you can buy a 100 pack of the most common clips for $7: 100x TOYOTA & LEXUS Trim Panel Clips Bumper Fender Push Pin Rivet 7 8 9mm Engine | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/100x-TOYOTA-LEXUS-Trim-Panel-Clips-Bumper-Fender-Push-Pin-Rivet-7-8-9mm-Engine/294018322288?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

To your specific questions, my kit included radiator cover and engine bay fender liners. Although the radiator cover needed a slight trim to clear the radiator cap (made it pretty). Front bumper absorber worked with minor trimming as well.

Yeah. That's not surprising. I think lots of OEM stuff might come from China as well.

In addition to MegaZip and PartsNext - I also like Partsouq and Amayama. It's crazy to check prices on Amayama and see how much stuff costs from Japan vs UAE. You'll also notice lots of guys ship from UAE warehouses, and it's just... cheaper. Not sure why.
Thanks for the info. Looks like all my parts analysis paid off as it showed

I appreciate you listing all the stuff that may be needed. I kind of figured for some of those parts. Taillights I’m running some Prado modified to fit gx460 led tails but doesn’t have reverse lights. Was gonna maybe do what green bow did and just mount some led lights where the reflector goes. Do you know if the rear bumper sits higher than the 460 rear bumper as far as clearance? I’m lifted 3in currently.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate you listing all the stuff that may be needed. I kind of figured for some of those parts. Taillights I’m running some Prado modified to fit gx460 led tails but doesn’t have reverse lights. Was gonna maybe do what green bow did and just mount some led lights where the reflector goes. They do sell rear fog lights which I believe uses bulbs but reflectors are red and I tried finding clear lens ones but none are being sold. I also considered having some lenses made so we’ll see. Do you know if the rear bumper sits higher than the 460 rear bumper as far as clearance? I’m lifted 3in currently.

Wow this is awesome! I recently picked up an ‘11 Peridot/Sepia after close to year of searching and have been eyeing up new taillights/dreaming of the full conversion. I actually stumbled across this trying to find reviews on the Prado conversion taillights from China (MZorange brand). I but didn’t know the full conversion was something people were selling as kits/doing so thank you for posting all of this info up! Now I know what I’ll be saving for because the Lexus front end really looks bubbly and bugs me.

I’ve also been eyeing up the Elford +20mm fender flares on Nengun. Have you thought about/looked into any flares? Or have any experience with Nengun?

88DD22E1-043B-443F-AA8C-CAFBE95AF096.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow this is awesome! I recently picked up an ‘11 Peridot/Sepia after close to year of searching and have been eyeing up new taillights and dreaming of the full conversion. I but didn’t know it was something people had/were doing so thank you for posting all of this info up! Now I know what I’ll be saving for because the Lexus front end really looks bubbly and bugs me.

I’ve also been eyeing up the Elford +20mm fender flares on Nengun. Have you thought about/looked into any flares? Or have any experience with Nengun?

Ooooooh, you found a Base! I'm jealous. I can't tell you how much I hate the door moldings. :mad:

The tail lamps look killer. They don't fit 100% without the Prado rear bumper - BUT when I had everything off I was brainstorming and think I have a great solution for the GX rear bumper and Prado lamps. PM me or sit tight. I'll show something cool in the next few weeks. :cool:

I've looked at a couple different flares. I'm debating it, but haven't sold myself on them... yet. I think any armor will come after the Rear Door / 5th Wheel and after a lift. Hopefully the latter can get knocked out here soon - but backorders are a mofo.

As for Nengun - I've ordered stuff for other cars many times. Great company to deal with... BUT, shipping can be a killer / deal breaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom