Urgent Help!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My guess is that they are the VINs for the Euro specs LCs. Mine is a 99 and starts JT3HT as well.

Or what do we say in Oslo?

The previously quoted TSB is the US version, btw riddled with spellos and "grammos".

Re VINs:
I've seen an explanation/composition key posted somewhere, but I think only the last 9 (or maybe even 7) digits are important for finding production series.
Have a look here http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/UZJ100.html for production series numbers (part of the VIN) vs production months.

Here is info from the Euro version of the TSB, valid for model code UZJ100 and HDJ100:

VIN:
− JTEHT05J902008688
− JTEHC05J604003341
Production Date:
January, 1998 to January, 2001
Repair Procedure:
Repair Procedure A & B

VIN:
JTEHT05J002008689 − JTEHT05J802025271
JTEHC05J804003342 − JTEHC05J604011308
Production Date:
February, 2001 to April, 2002
Repair Procedure:
Repair Procedure B

Proc.A is to change the LH cowl side junction block to an updated version. This might have been done earlier, e.g. by dealer/importer.

Proc.B is to remove & insulate terminal #13 from the wire harness connector C15 at the combination meter, and,
to remove & insulate terminal #11 from the wire harness connector 2P at the junction block LH cowl side.

To find out if the cowl side junction block is in need of changing, look at the 6 digit lot #, digit 2 from the right (2nd last). This indicates production year. 8, 9 or 0 means replace, 1 is OK. (This is for vehicles produced up to April 2002, so higher ## (years) are not mentioned).

PS
Ze Euro TSBz inglish iven iz vorse.

Not "Grammos" really, I'd call them "translation artifacts". I see the same thing in the FSM.

The question I ask is, is the transalation problem from "Japanese->English" or "Engineer/Mechanic->Tech Writer" ?.

Based on the TSB if I had the problem I'd start with procedure B (clip two wires) and see if it worked before paying for procedure A.

Toyota only standardized to the US VIN system in 2000.

Last edited:
This just happened to me, onlt the dealer wants to charge me $1200.00 total!

I thought I would update this with some scanned pics of the TSB for you Do it Yourselfers.
tsb.jpg
Picture.jpg

Time to go play, great to have the photo. Mine did this a year ago and never again, today it did it while I was driving - BIG HEADACHE BUMMER

Does anyone have any photos or description of how difficult these wires are to get to? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes - that is the issue. Funny how it appears this has not happened to anyone.

It has, it just happened before we owned them. Mine shows replacement back in the early 2000's.

Where can i get a shop manual for one of these. I'd like to determine how difficult these wires are to get to.

My 2000 LX470 has brake light on and warning buzzer sounding when ever E brake is pulled on.

This happen in my 01 LC years ago and Dealer quickly found as known issue (TSB) and fixed by replacing cowling side junction box.

I've two question:
  1. What are some reason this may happing?
  2. If the cause is the known issue (TSB EL00202) Will Toyota/Lexus replace (cowling side junction box) as a courtesy with over 250k mile on clock?

I think this may be what is happening to my truck.

Turn out my last one (00LX w/269K) stop doing this when the wire(s)/computer(s) dry out. Water was entering from around windshield.

Mine had these same symptoms with the sound and no warning lights. This happened the day after the dealer replaced my broke ignition switch,. They also replaced rear pads, rotors, and serviced the ebrake.

I drove it bake to the dealer with this sound, but then the tech could not reproduce it....

Hoping it does not come back...

Cause . was from the shearing/stamping of the multi layer cowl junction block. the process left Whiskers that could in time contact certain adjoining circuits ..pic is of the engine block but same style
fuse3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom