Upgrading the daughterof romer runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
Now that I have found a ride for my :princess:

I will be upgrading it this weekend.

OME 2.5 " lift

Slee Sliders

ARB Front Bumper

Yotatech says do the diff drop kit with the lift. A few, Slee and another trusted mechanic says it doesn't need it. A couple of runner guys I know (Bill Morgan, Scott Yoder) recommended doing it. I decided to have it done with the lift.

We will post pictures on Monday when it is done.

You don't waste any time! :)

You don't need the diff drop, Romer. Your CV's will be fine.

have you called the DMV and ordered your notard plate yet???
that would be sooo cool ;)

I ran the OME 2.5" Lift on my '96 4Runner without the Diff drop without any problems. One CV did spit grease once, but only that one time.

I actually have a 4Crawler diff drop kit around somewhere. If you want it you can have it (if I can find it).

sleeoffroad said:
Ken, with the 4Runner you can only frop the front of the diff and not the rear and you run the risk of starving the rear pinion bearing.
Has that actually happened? I've never heard of anybody complaining about that at yotatech.

Onemoretime,
Manual locking hubs for the 3rd gen 4runner cost a fortune because it's not a simple swap.

robinhood4x4 said:
Has that actually happened? I've never heard of anybody complaining about that at yotatech.

Onemoretime,
Manual locking hubs for the 3rd gen 4runner cost a fortune because it's not a simple swap.

I too would recommend the diff drop. I don't see any reason why a few degree difference in the front would cause the pinion to starve at all. But that's just me.

Manual hubs can be done for cheap, but an entire donor front end is needed from a 4-cyl taco that had them from the factory. ORS' kit is way too spendy, imho, to be worth the ability to not drop the diff.

Damn, DOR is one lucky :princess:

Have any interest in adopting a 38 year old son?

Pm me your contact info. I'll get the papers drawn up right away! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom