Unidentified part: Twill/Cotton body spacer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thank you for reading my post. I'm trying to repair the tub and came across these spacers (or mounts) on the underside, pinned into place to the large square tubing that runs side to side under the floor panel between the rear fenders. There are two of them and appear to be made of densely woven cotton/twill resembling a webbing. I'm trying to replace them (or fabricate if unavailable). Does anyone know what they are or how I can replace them?

310E3400-E9D0-4057-B663-CD793176D3FD.jpeg

If you run OEM, then use the radiator shim should work #Toyota 90950-04010 SHIM otherwise, go aftermarket and go with either Energy Suspension or Daystar poly body kits. They are included in the kits but resuse the metal keepers #Toyota 90467-06004 Clip. The plastic ones in the kit don't quite work.

I've had Energy Suspension sent me individual parts too-REALLY great customer service. Looks like part #4147 is what you need x2

Last edited:
Check out this thread post #143:

Post #210

Post #222

If you haven’t read the thread before(?) I’d highly suggest that you take the time to do so! In my humble opinion it’s definitely worth the read. Painstakingly accurate with tons of detail and effort to getting the 45 restored back to as close to factory specs as possible.

Maybe JP @ClemsonCruiser can advise on where he sourced the canvas? Knowing JP I’m sure he researched the original thread count of the canvas to recreate it accurately.

Last edited:
In my convos with JP on these and other OEM cotton shims he suggested 2/0 (32 oz) cotton, it’s roughly 1/8” (0.125”) thick. There are a number of places online that sell it. This is who I bought a 12x12” sample pack from of their 32oz duck fabric:

*** LARGE SAMPLE(S) *** 12 inch X 12 inch (30cm²) ***
Number 2 Cotton Canvas​
  • Sample, Color: natural
F02I-CTNO-DUCK-SAML​
4​
$20.00

I coated the finished shims with LPS 3 anti-corrosion spray.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom