Turbo 3fe. Build. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I assume if you run larger injectors you will have to mess with the MAF sensor.

Do you have a wide band O2 with a meter to check air fuel ratio?

Do you know if the MAF takes into account density and flow, or just flow rate? If just flow then you'll likely get it running a bit leaner (hotter) at higher boost.

Would be fun to do an EFI live system with temp monitoring at each exhaust outlet and then you could add in boost pressure adjustment/compensation, but that's a fair bit more technical.

edit: you could add in temp sensor too with somethng like EFI live, and dial it right in, but you may have to increase capacity in your fuel system.

I have read about wideband used on 1fz. Didnt iknow the 3fe recognized widebands also ill check it put for a difrent build i got lined up next... now if im not mistaken she will get a programable ECU so O2 sensors and the “barn door” AFM (“maf”) will be eliminated

Do you know if the MAF takes into account density and flow, or just flow rate? If just flow then you'll likely get it running a bit leaner (hotter) at higher boost.

Would be fun to do an EFI live system with temp monitoring at each exhaust outlet and then you could add in boost pressure adjustment/compensation, but that's a fair bit more technical.

edit: you could add in temp sensor too with somethng like EFI live, and dial it right in, but you may have to increase capacity in your fuel system.
Wouldnt know what the older AFM barn door “maf” the 3fe has, actually reads

I have read about wideband used on 1fz. Didnt iknow the 3fe recognized widebands also ill check it put for a difrent build i got lined up next... now if im not mistaken she will get a programable ECU so O2 sensors and the “barn door” AFM (“maf”) will be eliminated

You need to put a extra bung in before that cat to read the A/F ratio.

something like this
https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-0300-...F8&qid=1545159470&sr=8-4&keywords=wideband+o2

It does not need to run to the ECU, its a tool to make sure your not leaning out to much and melting down your engine.

Larger injectors. I don't have a 3fe so I don't know if the injector size is the same, but I got the Denso 195500-4450 for my 1fz-fe

I see some guys use the 4 port injectors but I dont know what model.

Megasquirt?

I’ve seen other turbo 3fe threads on mud, I remember an fj62. Seems like he did the rising rate and a stand alone ecu maybe?

The AFR gauge is neccessary for sure.

Ok so after some research looks like fuel presure is around 300 something cc... so these were ordered to test... will post further info as i get it.
2DCB4AD6-4700-431C-B162-001FA03C8653.jpeg

UDDATE! :banana:

So after a 3:1 regulator and a wideband we went out for a test drive!

Kept revs under 1.5k for a couple of miles just to see how the wideband behaved. She was reading good mix the whole time.

Decided to go to 3k and... started to misfire!!

Wet muffler! :(

Guess the 200k HG didint like the 8psi :rofl:

Edit!

This is still with stock ECU, INJ & everything. Tryn to see how far she does on her own

Last edited:
UDDATE! :banana:

So after a 3:1 regulator and a wideband we went out for a test drive!

Kept revs under 1.5k for a couple of miles just to see how the wideband behaved. She was reading good mix the whole time.

Decided to go to 3k and... started to misfire!!

Wet muffler! :(

Guess the 200k HG didint like the 8psi :rofl:

Edit!

This is still with stock ECU, INJ & everything. Tryn to see how far she does on her own
Did you use a air fuel ratio gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom