Tuffy Console. What size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know which model of Tuffy fits the FJ60 console space?

There are two different widths....less than 8" and 8"-10".

I'm thinking it's the less than 8" because of the E-brake.

<yes, i did do the search....tyvm!>

I have an 8" with stereo pocket that fits fine. a little tight on the ebrake handle but I still need to fiddle with the mounting.

trdparts4u recommended the 8 with stereo for my 62. Have not purchased it yet but will soon.

Dave

pretty sure mine is 8", its bigger than the one in my 40

41432817.jpg

41432915.jpg

33064461.jpg

Dude.. I got the 8" console with the radio mount...... its a perfect fit with stocker seats but tight with the WRX seats...... I would get the one with the radio console that way you can put that fancy radio of your into it and not worry about anybody borrowing it..:D:D

Its got plenty of storage.. I imagine the one without the radio console could house the kitchen sink !!!:eek::eek:

I saw one of these in person about a week ago and I like them. I looked online and the cheapest I found was $210 with free shipping. Does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?

I saw one of these in person about a week ago and I like them. I looked online and the cheapest I found was $210 with free shipping. Does anyone know where I could get one cheaper?

That's less than I paid 7 years ago: better post us up a link. :p

I found mine off mud for about 150.00- patience and lurking in the parts sections at 3am pay off......sometimes.

COOLCRUISERS.COM - Toyota Land Cruiser Parts & Restoration

They carry Tufyy consoles as well as their own Cool Cruiser brand console, which I think looks like a better built product, and is less expensive than the Tuffy...

CCOT's consoles look good but I have two problems with them:
1. price: It's a little more expensive, I'd sacrafice and pay it since I'd be supporting a cruiser organiation but...
2. I dislike the handle in the front.

I've read threads where people have had fitment issues with the CCOT console, but that is just from reading no personal experience. There is a cool seat thread on here where a guy used a 30mm ammo can and made his own console. I think I will go that route. He left his cammo, but I'd probably paint mine too match.

I've read threads where people have had fitment issues with the CCOT console, but that is just from reading no personal experience. There is a cool seat thread on here where a guy used a 30mm ammo can and made his own console. I think I will go that route. He left his cammo, but I'd probably paint mine too match.

I remember that thread and it was a nice look. Only problem is that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the CCOT or Tuffy...

I'd like one that wasn't as tall as either the CCOT or the Tuffy. A "walk-thru" space there means that I may not have to exit the vehicle after sleeping in the back or my GF can climb in back to get some vittles while on the road. I may just leave the OE alone until it finally is dead.

radio will still fit, its gets wider where the radio goes, have one in my FJ40

If you want lower, you can take off the top pad of the console and use some carpet on top, I did this on my 40 a with the pad it sat too high

24799310.jpg

Has anyone ever used the narrow 6.5" version? I know it wont fit the radio in it, but i think the narrow would look good in there, not such a tight clearance.

radio will still fit, its gets wider where the radio goes, have one in my FJ40

If you want lower, you can take off the top pad of the console and use some carpet on top, I did this on my 40 a with the pad it sat too high

24799310.jpg

I have the 8" w/ the stereo pocket in front (deluxe i guess) and it's awesome. I didn't like the CCOT version either because of the handle. One of my favorite mods. Tons of room and gets stuff out of sight (less likely stolen, less accessible if they break in). It's pretty beefy, i'd bet without serious tools nobody is getting in it. At least not on the street, or in my driveway. I keep meaning to throw some divider or partition in mine to make use of the space better, plus maybe another 12v socket for stuff... projects, projects...

Hey pimp - let me show my 40 ignorance - is that the stock parking brake location? :ban:

we have the 8" in our Tan one.

pretty sure mine is 8", its bigger than the one in my 40

41432817.jpg

41432915.jpg

33064461.jpg

Thanks for those pics. I guess I'll be going with the 8"...<that's what she said>

Are you talking about the one with the radio pocket? If so, that's pretty cheap. Where did you find that for that price? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom