Tuesday lifting help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DanS HJ-45

SILVER Star
Threads
So, Tuesday, April 12....

It looks like the tub for the 40 will be back from paint then, and I'd LOVE to get it onto the frame Tuesday evening.

Just a quick feeler if anyone might be available to help? It gained 150-200 pounds maybe with bedliner, but 4-5 people should be able to easily handle it. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to actually move it onto the frame. Here's how the frame sits right now...
truck.jpg

So, anyone interested in helping out Tuesday night--in the East Mountains (for those who don't know where the shop is)? This is just tentative at the moment, but the paint shop was pretty confident it would be painted this week.

If I get the tub on Tuesday evening, I'm confident that the truck will be driven into town later in the week for an exhaust.:clap::clap:

Dad and I will both be there, so we need to round up another 3-4 guys. Pretty sure we can hook up some pizza and stuff (not from the shop oven even).

Dan
truck.jpg

i don't see why i can't be there, sounds fun... what timish? i could be around anytime after about 4 or so i'd guess.

-john

Dan -

I should be able to help. I probably can't get out of Abq much before 5:30, but probably anytime after 6:00 should work for me, if that's not too late. I have been to the shop before, but probably a refresher on the directions would be good.

The frame looks good. Your Dad is going to have a brand new (diesel) 40! You can see the fuel filter in the picture (I think).

Evan

Dan -

I should be able to help. I probably can't get out of Abq much before 5:30, but probably anytime after 6:00 should work for me, if that's not too late. I have been to the shop before, but probably a refresher on the directions would be good.

The frame looks good. Your Dad is going to have a brand new (diesel) 40! You can see the fuel filter in the picture (I think).

Evan

Not too late at all. I'm shooting for evening at this point. I'll double check with the paint shop tomorrow, but I'm going to plan on picking up the tub on Tuesday afternoon.

Good eye, that is indeed a fuel filter. Brand new filter. Hasn't yet seen a drop of diesel (and neither have the new fuel lines. Only thing in that picture that isn't rebuilt is the IP, but I did replace the diaphragm--aside from the long block and the transmission. Engine was in good shape, and the transmission looks to have been rebuilt not long ago. The rest has all been tinkered with. It's amazing just how many gaskets are in a truck.

Dan

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing it up close.

Excellent. We will know for sure on Monday that we can pick up the body on Tuesday, according to the paint shop. I'll keep you all posted.

Update yesterday was "middle of next week," so it might end up being later, but we'll see how that goes.

Dan

I will keep an eye on this. I might try to come up after work. Let me know if I need to pick up any orders that have come in.

OK, talked to the paint shop. They are waiting for the tailgate to come back from getting bedlined, and they said "by the end of the week." I'm really, really hoping that means "thursday," but it might mean friday. Not super pumped about that, as I have to head back to CO on friday, BUT I will be back in Albuquerque on an overnight for work on Monday (get in at 9:30AM, don't fly out until Tuesday morning), so if worse comes to worse, next monday might work.

Dad is around for a couple weeks, so if it's done friday, he may try to get it done next weekend, if anyone is up for it.

So, for now.... stand by.....

Dan

I'm in. A location refresher wou ld be good for me too. You guys are out there! Any night, any time is OK. Just post up a time.

OK, talked to the paint shop. They are waiting for the tailgate to come back from getting bedlined, and they said "by the end of the week." I'm really, really hoping that means "thursday," but it might mean friday. Not super pumped about that, as I have to head back to CO on friday, BUT I will be back in Albuquerque on an overnight for work on Monday (get in at 9:30AM, don't fly out until Tuesday morning), so if worse comes to worse, next monday might work.

Dad is around for a couple weeks, so if it's done friday, he may try to get it done next weekend, if anyone is up for it.

So, for now.... stand by.....

Dan

copy that, standing by...

Official word from R&C is that it was in the booth getting paint today. They said it should be "early" next week. I said "monday?" They said "early next week." Either way, I'll be here next monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday. If the tub can be picked up monday afternoon....

Dan

The tub is DONE. Anyone free tonight? (Monday)

Dan

i could get away once jen is home to take over watching the kid... guessing i could leave my place by 6:30 or 7 if that's not too late for you?

Hi Dan -

Sorry, but I'm already booked for this evening. If it doesn't work out for tonight, I am free any other evening this week except for Wednesday.

Evan

The tub is DONE. Anyone free tonight? (Monday)

Dan

jen says she'll be home by 6, so if i left then i'd be around 6:30 at the earliest. did you have a time in mind Dan?

jen says she'll be home by 6, so if i left then i'd be around 6:30 at the earliest. did you have a time in mind Dan?

That's about perfect timing.

7-7:30 is my guess when we'll actually go lift the thing.

I'll be at Sandia Crust at about 6PM, and I'll order too much, so there'll be some if anyone can join me there, or I'll have some in a to go box if you just meet up at the shop.

If anyone gets lost on the way to the shop, google 51 Pinon Heights Road (that's the house), and then call my cell phone (nine-seben-zero) 281-2445.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom