Tube fabrication ????'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to order a tube bender today, after looking and reading for months I have decided to go with the Model 3 made by JD Squared. My question is what die to buy, I can only afford one right now so I want to get the best one for rollcages. I am thinking a 1 1/2" would be the best size, but what about the CLR? (Center Line Radius)

You really think 1.5" is a good idea for a cage???

1.75 minimum...

Are you going to use tubing or pipe ? There is a difference and they are measured differently make sure you specify when ordering.I agree at least 1.75 .Personally I'd go bigger like 2" for the main part of the cage and then add dies to your arsenal as you desire smaller diameter accents or pieces.

Franky40 said:
From what I have seen at Metal-tech and Rock-logic, I thought they used all 1 1/2" x .120. Am I mistaken?

I have a MetalTech family cage kit from a year or so ago. All 2" tube.

-Rick

Franky40 said:
From what I have seen at Metal-tech and Rock-logic, I thought they used all 1 1/2" x .120. Am I mistaken?
You are mistaken..

1.75 and 2" works the best..

foxfab said:
1.75 DOM tube as a minimum for all structural parts of a roll cage.

Buy whatever bender that one of your friends have, then you can share dies.

Exactly as I did. My friend has 5 dies & I have 2. On some sized dies you will have the option of getting a smaller or larger radius, get the smaller one. The 1st one I bought was the 1 3/4" 5.5" CLR die. You will need to fab up a long (4' + cheater bar for bending 1/4" wall tube.

foxfab said:
and I know RL uses 1.75

They use 1.5" quite a bit too... ;)

Though 1.75" is the most common, there are alot of guys going with 1.5" for full chassis', exo's, etc. However for adding tube to a full-bodied (heavy) rig, I would stick with the 1.75" DOM.

Of course our new creation (school) uses 1.25" .095 for the chassis. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom