Treeroot's tire size and lift info... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what size tires Treeroot is running on his Hutchinson rims and also what lift he has? Can't seem to find details via search.

Thanks

Yep 35's

These rims are great for a daily driver. Overkill, heck yes but I was told I couldn't run steel rims on my 80. I have to admit, that was good advise. The tire wheel combination of the 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT and the Hutchinson is 143lbs mounted.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5216&page=20

I switched over to 315 70 R 17 Goodyear Duratracs when the Toyos wore out. The old Toyos (a mix of USA made and Japan made) lasted 60,000+ miles. I switched because the new Toyos didn't last more than 10,000 miles. So far, the Duratracs have been the best snow tire I have run. They are great on ice as well. Some say the Duratracs have extremely soft sidewalls but I haven't punctured one yet. They do feel really soft though and you can't air them down to 10psi. I rarely go lower than 17psi. Funny thing is I punctured two Toyo sidewalls so who knows.

My lift is a Slee 6" lift with the heavy duty control arms running the 4" HD Slee springs. We did put a 6" regular in the rear to see what it would do and it sits at the same ride height as the 4" springs.

DSCF0336.jpg

Oh now you're just showin off :flipoff2:

Terrific build thread. I'm a few pages in already. Those wheels.....:beer:

-AB

stunning!

any thoughts on if we can fit the 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country MT and the Hutchinson 17" rock monsters on a 2.5" Heavy OME Lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom