Transfer case vibration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cant see any posts about the solution to the transfer box vibration.
Mine get very bad accelerating uphill. Is it a bearing. Has anyone fixed one. Where can I down load a manual. Free/Paid?
OloffSmyth

Mine get very bad accelerating uphill. Is it a bearing. Has anyone fixed one. Where can I down load a manual. Free/Paid?
OloffSmyth

We need more details on your vehicle.

Year?
Mileage?
Do you tow with it?
Maintenance history?

OloffSmyth

Re-read posts 1, 5, and 10, all include solutions or recommended checks.

My suggestion - under warranty have them replace or rebuild. If it is out of warranty and it was my rig - you can usually reduce the noise 50-75% by installing the updated shifter and putting a small amount of preload on it to reduce the vibration.

Considering my 2000 LC is WAY out of warranty, does anyone have part numbers for the updated shifter (and other related/necessary parts)?

Does the transfer case have to be dropped to install the updated parts? Or is it pretty straightforward to replace? How do you suggest putting preload on it (other than physically pushing on it with my hand)?

I get an annoying buzz under acceleration and would like to reduce it as much as possible within reasonable $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom