Tranny help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
94 LC when put into D it moves forward at 2000rpms same as reverse. I am going to drain the fluid and replace. I also adjusted the cable. I will keep posted if that helps.

...via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410390796.687011.jpg

My tranny oil and not much came out. Half quart maybe. No wonder I am slipping. You never know how well previous owner took care of vehicle. Fml!

...via IH8MUD app

So was it reading low on the dipstick?
Yes it read really low. And I figured I get in there and do it. I also purchased Lucas tranny fix it cleaner. Then I will do another tranny change with my engine oil change(5000k) miles to go.
Wow. Is that water mixed with the trans fluid?
I think so. Or it might be coolant? Reason I say coolant is because my coolant looked like that because they mixed green with red. Any thoughts?

My radiator is in good condition, when I filled her up after flushing 5 times with water and filled her up with green and let her just run in idle until regular operating temps and nothing bad happened... But I am no expert.

If I were you and I'm not, I'd skip any trans. additives and just stick with a good ATF like Mobil 1 Dex II/III, keep it simple ya know.

If I were you and I'm not, I'd skip any trans. additives and just stick with a good ATF like Mobil 1 Dex II/III, keep it simple ya know.
Oh yeah I am sticking to that for sure! I am going to put 6 quarts in and drive it around the block. drive it in my drive way reverse and forward for a total time 20-30 minutes, drain it. pull the oil cover, clean it, replace the filter and refill.

Agreed

Dex3 is all you need

That being said, since your trans looks to be severely contaminated, I'd consider doing a bucket flush.
Doing an oil flush with regular tranny oil then drain and refill. That should do it. Now have to wait for a radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom