Trail Tailor Offerings (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@satchel 62 arrived for 80 axle conversion, bumper, transfer case work and a few other things. After a brief talk about ride quality the OME coils and shocks he brought will be sold elsewhere and replaced with my tapered wire TourFlex coils and 45mm adjustable shocks.

This is 1 of 4 coming in over the next 8-10 weeks.

Time to get busy again, woohoo!

T, it was great to meet you today and thanks for driving the rig out from Denver.

J

IMG_20200906_121102314.jpg
IMG_20200906_121053481.jpg

For those of you that want to change to SpeedHut gauges offered by @FJ60Cam but don't want to deal with the sender ohm range issues...

Tanks Inc has this little jewel. YOU set the ohm range to work with your application.

PM me for MUD pricing if interested.

Jason

View attachment 2409952
My fuel level sender is on the fritz again and it brought me back to this post. Have you tried yet to adapt one of their senders in a stock tank to a stock gauge? Not sure why, but this is the third OEM sender I've had go bust since I started driving my 62. Last time I replaced was only 5 years ago, maybe 4. If I could upgrade to a solid state sender that would work with my OEM gauge and be an easy conversion to work with a Speedhut gauge in the future, I'd jump on it.

My fuel level sender is on the fritz again and it brought me back to this post. Have you tried yet to adapt one of their senders in a stock tank to a stock gauge? Not sure why, but this is the third OEM sender I've had go bust since I started driving my 62. Last time I replaced was only 5 years ago, maybe 4. If I could upgrade to a solid state sender that would work with my OEM gauge and be an easy conversion to work with a Speedhut gauge in the future, I'd jump on it.

Yeah I read all the stuff from their site already. I was just curious if you had done this as a solution in a 60 or 62 with stock fuel tank and gauge and if it had gone smooth or if you had any hiccups.

I found a post somewhere a while ago about adapting the Tanks Inc sender into an OEM tank. Gotta search for that again too so I can see how it was done.....

Yeah I read all the stuff from their site already. I was just curious if you had done this as a solution in a 60 or 62 with stock fuel tank and gauge and if it had gone smooth or if you had any hiccups.

I found a post somewhere a while ago about adapting the Tanks Inc sender into an OEM tank. Gotta search for that again too so I can see how it was done.....

I have not used one yet but talking with them they are adaptable to any sender and gauge within the volt and ohm ranges.

The floatless sender fits in the stock tank but must meet a specific ohm range and none work with the OEM gauge.

J

I have not used one yet but talking with them they are adaptable to any sender and gauge within the volt and ohm ranges.

The floatless sender fits in the stock tank but must meet a specific ohm range and none work with the OEM gauge.

J
I remember reading that. Actually I think it was you that told me that before. That's why I got curious about the MeterMatch now that my sender is having issues.........again. Seems like it would make it insanely simple to do.

Those look amazing. Sorry that I don't have an excuse to use them, but it does make me wonder how hard it would be to do reproductions of other body panels, say lower tailgates?

For those that do not know, TT repair panels are top notch. They fit very well and are damn close if not the same as the OEM metal thickness.
Zero complaints with the ones I used.
Compared to what you find for replacement panels/ repair panels for American vehicles, this are far superior.

@TRAIL TAILOR I'll take a set, L & R side. I dont see them on the website yet. Also any MUD member / 9-11 / Military discounts we can use on your site? eager to order some of these. Thx

Last edited:
Any updates on the 100 rear bumper, and SAS kit? Thanks

When did you add the black 60 door handles to the site?! I was searching a couple months ago and ended up buying from ebay. I would have much rather bought from you.
PSA- There are black metal door handles at the Trail Tailor store: 60 Series Door Handles
Get em while you can. Price is VERY good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom