Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is patently false because I live in California and just bought something from you yesterday!!! 😆

Well my business is where I live and I'm fine with that. Also if I meet the "threshold" amount most all other states have of 100K in sales I'm happy to do it as well. But for a couple thousand bucks a year... NO CHANCE.

1580660703202.png

Don't get me started on the government and taxes as you can tell by my avatar...

Just noticed I bashed 1 of my rear adjustment knobs off at some point. 45 tough dog adjustable rear. Is this replaceable?

3C10CB51-2C17-4131-B5EA-7336529168E0.jpeg

458AE52F-237E-44CB-8487-E0FC64843015.jpeg

You might want to turn your shocks 180 degrees so the adjustment knobs face towards the tire, not away from it. I did that with mine - my assumption being I’m less likely to hit a rock between the shock mount and tire since it’s a small gap

Didn’t even notice the wear there. Ouch, thx. Would some armor like this fix future damage potential?

That armor would not stop the shock from contacting the OEM bracket. The contact there is a product of the larger-than-stock diameter of the shock tubes. The only way to stop it would be to space the shocks out from the bracket, modify the stock bracket, or switch to smaller diameter shocks.

If the shocks only show slight contact (i.e. paint scratched off) and are not severely dented or anything like that, I personally wouldn't worry about it. Just shoot the scrapes with some paint every once and a while to keep the rust at bay.

That armor would not stop the shock from contacting the OEM bracket. The contact there is a product of the larger-than-stock diameter of the shock tubes. The only way to stop it would be to space the shocks out from the bracket, modify the stock bracket, or switch to smaller diameter shocks.

If the shocks only show slight contact (i.e. paint scratched off) and are not severely dented or anything like that, I personally wouldn't worry about it. Just shoot the scrapes with some paint every once and a while to keep the rust at bay.
good tips. yeah the shock body is just slight paint scuff, no dents. I'm glad i know now though so I'll put some paint on it. I did go aead and order the shock guards from Trail tailor, so at least that'll protect the bolt and shock otherwise.

good tips. yeah the shock body is just slight paint scuff, no dents. I'm glad i know now though so I'll put some paint on it. I did go aead and order the shock guards from Trail tailor, so at least that'll protect the bolt and shock otherwise.
You could potentially slip a steel washer between the shock mount and the shock itself. If the contact is that slight, it wouldn't need to be very thick.

FWIW I haven't checked mine (and it's 14F this morning so I'm not going to crawl around in the garage) but when I originally installed mine I noticed the 45mm body was REALLY close to the mount so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a small amount of contact, particularly at full compression of one side/full extension of the other.

Sorry I probably missed it in the thread. What is the cost for front with no loop and rear with single tire carrier for 2018. Planning to paint to match. By the way I‘m in Oklahoma.

Thanks Jason. Nice craftsmanship

I figured out after the first picture that I had to remove the flap
IMG_0261.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg

@Eric Sarjeant has a fix for this preventing the need to remove the flap. It’s really simple, if you search his recent posts(within that last month), you’ll see it on here.

Well, I already removed it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom