Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting, you can buy any of these parts off of Rakuten in Japan:
Nice find.
So the price for the "new" 28100-60070 of the GR program is of 750$/€... That matches the price of the one still listed available on Amayama (and Europe equivalent) since long before this program...

When you compare it to the price of the reman 28100-60070-84 this is really a joke... but the -84 parts are only available in the US for some reason.

Nice find.
So the price for the "new" 28100-60070 of the GR program is of 750$/€... That matches the price of the one still listed available on Amayama (and Europe equivalent) since long before this program...

When you compare it to the price of the reman 28100-60070-84 this is really a joke... but the -84 parts are only available in the US for some reason.

Some reason = that is a USA manufactured part.

Some reason = that is a USA manufactured part.
I get that but what stop them to sell it in other regions?

And even more than that, what justifies that the US made version of a part is that much cheaper than the original??
1670009008766.png

1670009072347.png

1670009158543.png

1670009204608.png

Either the US has a super secret technology to build starters or Japan is trying to take a crazy margin on this part...

Its a Denso unit with different specs than the 28100-60070, made in the US. Exporting/tax/tariffs don't work in favor of this particular part I suppose.

Don’t get me wrong, I too would love to see the program aimed at US spec or even more LHD. Never say never. Future phases may yield even getter crossover.
Interesting, you can buy any of these parts off of Rakuten in Japan:

See the exhaust I'm looking for but can't understand the price. I know the second piece for the FJ40 was also available but not seeing it. Wouldn't mind routing my 73 this way minus a CAT. Running a PTO getting real crowded above the skid plate.

See the exhaust I'm looking for but can't understand the price. I know the second piece for the FJ40 was also available but not seeing it. Wouldn't mind routing my 73 this way minus a CAT. Running a PTO getting real crowded above the skid plate.

Take the price on that site and multiply by 0.0074 as of current, the JPY has been quite down the past year but it's climbing back up.

Kurt, do you think flat or domed pistons will be available again? Apologize if this was discussed earlier, I didn't see anything.

Kurt, do you think flat or domed pistons will be available again? Apologize if this was discussed earlier, I didn't see anything.

Great question, I can't speculate. @OGBeno those were on your list?

Nice find.

I tried ordering from Rakuten but had all my orders cancelled for some reason. it seems impossible sometimes to get hold of this stuff

I tried ordering from Rakuten but had all my orders cancelled for some reason. it seems impossible sometimes to get hold of this stuff

all mine too ...

and i just did a test order , light switch knob , pto knob , pulley p/s

they emailed me and said usa off limits due to 3rd party selling issues on craigs list and ebay ?

i have not looked there but it seams they are taking it serious ?

perhaps that's a good move ..........

i personally believe profiting from the heritage program , if Toyota frowns upon it , i shall agree too to frown upon it too ....

SOR has the metal rock shields tail lamps in-stock ?

perhaps they F'd it up for us all early on and got caught ?

how else they get OEM ones like that ?

Interesting. My JDM parts broker isn’t having any issues buying/shipping the GR parts over. I’ve got another large shipment due after the New Year with some more GR parts. That said, they might get cancelled on the next order.

Interesting. My JDM parts broker isn’t having any issues buying/shipping the GR parts over. I’ve got another large shipment due after the New Year with some more GR parts. That said, they might get cancelled on the next order.

merry Christmas Kurt ,

i will email you the reply and 411 i was given in English , but from a TOYOTA Motor Sales Japan email addy ,

this was a LIGET incoming correspondence kurt ....

i got curious ?

i simply hawked ebay globally for a few metric seconds each heritage 40 series part ,

nothing , notta even in sold listings

this tells me Toyota has a SOLID grasp on who gets what ,

its NOT a free for all in any way ....

my thoughts anyway :)

Well that sucks for us who this is only hobby.

i was buying those parts for my specimens collection only , and only 1 of each also ...

i am simply obsessed in having that 84111-20031 light switch knob in my collection because i don't have one and have not ever ?

i think it would be poor show to abuse a program designed to help our community in the unique way it claims to already be doing

but , the scum bags on ebay do still exist that's for sure :confused:

Well that sucks for us who this is only hobby.

Which part # are you after?

i was buying those parts for my specimens collection only , and only 1 of each also ...

i am simply obsessed in having that 84111-20031 light switch knob in my collection because i don't have one and have not ever ?

i think it would be poor show to abuse a program designed to help our community in the unique way it claims to already be doing

but , the scum bags on ebay do still exist that's for sure :confused:

I've got (2) of those switches coming, should be here this next week. I owe you one.

Which part # are you after?

I've got (2) of those switches coming, should be here this next week. I owe you one.

it is only a light switch pull knob and the PTO wind and unwind knob .... :) .

84111-20031.jpg

36303-60050.jpg

i sent u a email

thanks

I will be back in front of my work computer for a few more days. I've got a few days planned this week to catch up on emails to my personal box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom