Toyota 78 pop up roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes it is a diesel Webasto ,
2 years ago we were in Norway , with an outside temperature of 6 C , but 22 C inside .
nice :)
it is also easy to regulate , and start and stop .
if any one is planning a mid season /winter camping , I would strongly recommend it .
car is warm in 5 minutes .

Hey @renago , just read through this again. It has been a while and am sure it has been completed and getting some use by now. Any updates? This is such an awesome build.

ok , as promised , here I am with some small , but important upgrades .
1, I was not too happy with the hestetics and cleaning of the floor , so decided to go with a slim sheet of anti slipping PVC flooring ,
very happy with end result , easy to clean , all in 1 piece , and when wet , you don't slip .
2, the second step was to improve or try to eliminate vibration of the camping chairs and table .
I store them on the left side of the fridge . They were always rattling despite they were tied tightly , on the floor and between each other .
so decided to add a dumping surface under the flooring .
this is made of compressed cork , light weight , nice material , 1 cm thick , and sufficiently duping , but not too soft .
3, last but not least , as you seen I have a pop up roof , that works very well , but .....I wanted also a quick and emergency bed and resting surface .
quick bed , for me , means especially in summer after lunch , sometimes I like to have a short nap :doh:
but don't want all the hassle to fly open the roof .
so a tipper in the corridor will be just great :)
this can also work as an emergency bed , for third person or maybe if the passenger will like to sleep while I am driving .
but also to read in the evening before going to bed .
it is not finished , still working on some details as , textile cover , fixing th legs ecc .
it is very slim , 8 -10 mm thick , very rigid , or very little bending , light and practical to tilt .
it will be covered with a system of cushions in high density , removable with winter and summer covers .
more to come .....
any critics and comments are welcome

bye Renato

fullsizeoutput_39d8.jpeg

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG

thanks guys for your reactions .
here under a small improvement , that is almost unnoticeable , but very handy to keep all things in the right place .
it is a simple net that we bought at Decatlon .
Decatlon planned use for this is a tent organiser .
I cutted the strings , added some velcro and its working great .
cost 8 € aprox , if I remember correctly

IMG_8345.JPG

just another small improvement in organising my small traveling car .
under the fridge , I always had a 7 cm empty hole , that I filled with all sort of crap .
now after many years I had more time so made a small drawer that can comodate utilities that come very handy during the day .

IMG_8348.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

IMG_8347.JPG

Shallow drawers are nice, you don't have to dig for anything. Nice use of that space.

thanks guys for your reactions .
here under a small improvement , that is almost unnoticeable , but very handy to keep all things in the right place .
it is a simple net that we bought at Decatlon .
Decatlon planned use for this is a tent organiser .
I cutted the strings , added some velcro and its working great .
cost 8 € aprox , if I remember correctly

View attachment 2553264
This is very handy thanks for the tip 🙏🏻

another small but very useful area is the front bumper , when you have PTO winch on .
i made 2 water tight boxes in which I can store a bunch of stuff that might be handy on a trip .
Boxe cover is secured with small locks to avoid bad guys ;)

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_E0464.JPG

IMG_E0465.JPG

every one of us has a water hose on board .
For getting water from a tap water source , shower ecc.
Generally the water hose is too short !
Or if long too bulky .
Maybe I found a good solution to these problems .
Here under is a nice water hose , very nice rubbery material , quite tough , not easy to cut , but still soft made in Italy .
But the special feature is that 1,4 mt extends to 3,5 mt once you ally water pressure !
D55C4D1D-6703-43CE-BDAF-E820B705C92B.jpeg
CF45760A-5D9B-47A2-B416-A774BB488C23.jpeg

every one of us has a water hose on board .
For getting water from a tap water source , shower ecc.
Generally the water hose is too short !
Or if long too bulky .
Maybe I found a good solution to these problems .
Here under is a nice water hose , very nice rubbery material , quite tough , not easy to cut , but still soft made in Italy .
But the special feature is that 1,4 mt extends to 3,5 mt once you ally water pressure !
View attachment 3226283View attachment 3226284
Interesting hose. Can you use it for drinking water, I mean does it taste rubbery? I'd be interested if it comes in 1/2"

Hi Damoperu

Taste as any other hose .
After all the water is just passing by quickly , it’s not sitting there like a tank for days .

The company is called idro easy .
The hose I have is called Magic easy .
I don’t know if they sell or you can find them on Amazon .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom