Tough Dog install this weekend.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have all 4 now and since it is supposed to be a crappy weather weekend, sounds like a good project.

Any suggestions, tips, etc. from those that have done the install before?

With all projects, check your parts and part numbers before you tear down.

Otherwise pretty straight forward. It's always nice to have an extra set of hands.

If you have the adjustable rear shocks, make sure the knob is facing towards the brakes and not towards the rear diff. It'll reduce the chance of a rock breaking the knob off.

get yourself a swivel head 22mm (I think) 12pt socket on a 3/8" ratchet and a 22mm (same size as socket) ratcheting wrench... the upper rear shock bolts are not fun to get at without those^

Definitely this.

get yourself a swivel head 22mm (I think) 12pt socket on a 3/8" ratchet and a 22mm (same size as socket) ratcheting wrench... the upper rear shock bolts are not fun to get at without those^
Not me: I used the $ and bought a sawzall small enough to get in there. I only used the fancy wrench’s to put the new ones in. ;)

PB blaster. A few times.

I didn't have a flex head wrench for the rear upper shock nuts but a standard, straight ratcheting gear wrench worked perfectly.

Tackling the fronts first.

Wheel off. OME shock off. Not sure of the correct sequence to the bushings/washers/etc. for the top of the new shocks.

FYI I'm not far from you if you need any specialty tools or help. I just joined the 100 series family and just completed DT headers on my rig. What a pain!

Thanks! Looks like its not going to get done today. I had hoped to at least get the front on but until I know the correct order of the washers/spacers/etc. I am not going to proceed. Hate having to do stuff over. Looked on you tube but could not find any installs on 100's, lots of 200's and 105's.

Nice user name BTW!

It's really easy. Use the hardware that comes on the new tough dog parts and make them match what came off the truck. If you're short pieces, reuse them. Pretty straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom