TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are saying that a person cannot drive the speed limit in the left lane. That is wrong. Regardless of wether you like it.

I have no idea what your talking about.
What guy?

And you know what the best part of me being a duck as you so wish to call me.

Is that I can most absolutely back it up.

And I know for a fact that you can’t.

see how that works?

Oh s***, del is offended, and apparently I'm also a pussy :lol:

1670351290500.png

I went back to read your post from yesterday where the guy brake checked you. Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong, that guy was the dick brake checking you.

Anyway, sure, it's *legal* to drive in the left lane *at the speed limit*. Doesn't mean it's the *right* way to go about things.

The antiquated revenue generating laws are one of the biggest issues. Instead of writing tickets for 80+ mph on modern highways, how about writing tickets for left lane laggers, distracted driving, litter blowing out of pick up beds, driving under the speed limit, texting, not using turn signals, agressive driving, etc. The government and all these old azz laws could retire on all this revenue, and leave the speeders alone, and lower our taxes. It is sad what they pull people over for and try to intimidate. The expired tag is the funniest one in NC. Here is a ticket, now hurry along, get your insepction (another tax) and then just go to the court house and they will throw it out. Wow. This taught everyone absolutely nothing except here is some more government time wasting for you, enjoy.

Speeding is not and never will be the issue on highways. Clueless left lane laggers and none cruise control are 2 of the biggest issues.

Even better, have a subscription service where I can pay to speed and have a sticker or something.

Last edited:
Oh s***, del is offended, and apparently I'm also a pussy :lol:

View attachment 3186695

I went back to read your post from yesterday where the guy brake checked you. Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong, that guy was the dick brake checking you.

Anyway, sure, it's *legal* to drive in the left lane *at the speed limit*. Doesn't mean it's the *right* way to go about things.
I didn’t call you any names.
I didn’t say you are a P.

I love you homie.

I’m not offended.

And you’re right. Just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is right.

That’s what I have been saying the whole time.

Speeding is not and never will be the issue on highways.
I guess you don't have to drive the 277/77/85 part of Charlotte. Way too many places where the on ramp traffic mostly needs to immediately merge left across 3 lanes of traffic who is almost all trying to merge right in a ridiculously short space. Miss it and you just added 20-60 minutes, depending on time of day, to your trip...IF there are no accidents. And, of course, the speeding lane-weavers are omnipresent there. 4th Street ramp to the Belk at the 74 exit is what I'm talking about. I won't take the big 80 through there and only rarely feel safe enough to do so in the stock 80.

Another nice one is where 85 south merges onto 77 south from the left (never mind the short, slow 2-1 lane merge on that on ramp first). Speed limit on 77 there is 55. Traffic in the left 3 lanes of 77 south typically runs 65-70+mph through there. A staggering amount of people need to enter 77 and use the exits over the next mile, which is easily not enough distance to cross in rush hour or bad weather. If the jack holes would drive the ****ing speed limit (they're just gonna get stuck in a crawl in another 2-3 miles anyway) then life would be better for all involved but they just don't ****ing get it.

While I'm at it... How about the people, in any lane but especially the right and middle, who feel that they have to race to close to a gap of no more than 2 car lengths in front of them, no matter how much distance is there at the time. Kinda screws over the folks who might be looking for a gap to merge right for whatever reason, including...wait for it......TO GET OUT OF THE FAST LANES!

The antiquated revenue generating laws are one of the biggest issues. Instead of writing tickets for 80+ mph on modern highways, how about writing tickets for left lane laggers, distracted driving, litter blowing out of pick up beds, driving under the speed limit, texting, not using turn signals, agressive driving, etc. The government and all these old azz laws could retire on all this revenue, and leave the speeders alone, and lower our taxes. It is sad what they pull people over for and try to intimidate. The expired tag is the funniest one in NC. Here is a ticket, now hurry along, get your insepction (another tax) and then just go to the court house and they will throw it out. Wow. This taught everyone absolutely nothing except here is some more government time wasting for you, enjoy.

Speeding is not and never will be the issue on highways. Clueless left lane laggers and none cruise control are 2 of the biggest issues.

Even better, have a subscription service where I can pay to speed and have a sticker or something.
HAHAHA….I challenge you to find a government entity that has ever recommended lowering taxes because they found something else to replace that revenue!!!!

If you still want to go faster than the speed limit. Go ahead. But nobody is under any obligation to move over.
I agree with you about moving over but in states that have the left lane passing laws it's a whole different ballgame that can get very ugly if something goes wrong. Point being, people need to know the local laws when they travel. Who here can tell us the laws in NC, SC, VA, GA, and TN without looking them up?

Example:
"If a person is cited for failing to move over to allow faster drivers to pass under the new Indiana traffic law, it could change who legally caused the accident, according to stflawyers.com."

Source: Move Over Slowpoke: It’s The Law - Driver Education Safety - https://driveredsafety.com/move-over-slowpoke-law/

HAHAHA….I challenge you to find a government entity that has ever recommended lowering taxes because they found something else to replace that revenue!!!!
IIRC, this was EXACTLY how the NC lotto was passed..."for the kids....education...(etc)" back in the 90s.

Meanwhile the revenue generated from the lotto DOES fund education, the tax revenue that would have paid for the very same education is now used for something else. Quite a scheme they developed. With zero sum increase for education, but more revenue for other projects that would go unfunded were it not for the shell game of accounting where the money comes from.

IIRC, this was EXACTLY how the NC lotto was passed..."for the kids....education...(etc)" back in the 90s.

Meanwhile the revenue generated from the lotto DOES fund education, the tax revenue that would have paid for the very same education is now used for something else. Quite a scheme they developed. With zero sum increase for education, but more revenue for other projects that would go unfunded were it not for the shell game of accounting where the money comes from.
Taxes stayed the same, not lowered…. And then the brunt of the education funding is coming from people who the majority of, let’s be honest, are probably sacrifice buying other things for a lotto ticket (the hope of making it to a more financially stable position). Unfortunately, I think lotteries are a double-edged sword at best.

Creative, yes…good for going to education…yes, actually created a reduction in the current taxes paid by John Q. Public…never.

I agree with you about moving over but in states that have the left lane passing laws it's a whole different ballgame that can get very ugly if something goes wrong. Point being, people need to know the local laws when they travel. Who here can tell us the laws in NC, SC, VA, GA, and TN without looking them up?

Example:
"If a person is cited for failing to move over to allow faster drivers to pass under the new Indiana traffic law, it could change who legally caused the accident, according to stflawyers.com."

Source: Move Over Slowpoke: It’s The Law - Driver Education Safety - https://driveredsafety.com/move-over-slowpoke-law/
Yeah for sure. Different states, different laws.

Y'all trippin. LOL.

Driving skills and styles are funny. Everywhere you turn people complain about how other people drive and think they are perfect. It's just a fact of life. :D

I find it hard not to road rage when the dude behind me is honking at me to go at the turn of a green light, when he obviously doesn't see the pedestrians in crossing 3 feet in front of my bumper... but those videos posted earlier give me pause. It's a miracle I never wound up in an altercation 15-20 years ago when I didn't have the common sense to walk away and blow stuff off. Thanks for posting that channel.

Oh and for the record, I'm a perfect driver and never do anything wrong. :cool:

yep. "for the kids" shuts everyone's common sense part of the brain down QUICK.

Most drivers picked up their bad habits from their parents. The whole blocking and not allowing to merge are great. I just put on my blinker and pretend to look down like I'm changing the radio and start moving over. Works 99.99% of the time.

Everyone seems to forget about the "zipper" when it comes to merging. A turn signal doesn't give you the right to change lanes, but people need to allow the flow of traffic. Turn signal on, check your blind spots, merge into the lane when clear, speed up or slow down if required to get a spot. Easy Peasy!
A great spot I have taken both my girls when they were learning to drive was US1 N getting on I-40 W. Nice ramp with traffic coming from I-40 W getting off for US1 N&S and US1 S getting on I-40 W a little further up.
People want to be in front! Regardless of the fact that speeding up and cutting off people slows the whole process down.

This just popped up in my facebook feed randomly so I just had to post it here

318499920_10160104086127319_3596651126572793103_n.jpg

My bottom line.
If you are driving in the left lane and don't move over for faster traffic youre a dick.
If you are tailgating someone youre a dick
If you brake check someone youre a dick
In most of the western world the left (or right lane if you are in certain countries) is the passing lane you use it to go around slower people in the slower lanes. Here that isn't as understood for some reason. Some states have no camping laws some don't but its just common courtesy to get out of someones way if they are going faster than you.
However I don't really let any of this get to me anymore. I try to be as laid back as I possibly can be these days. I was a different, more angry and violent person back in my youth before I moved to NC. There is no point to living that way. I don't keep in touch with my friends from back then that were of the "violent kind".
As Del said you may cross the wrong guy one day. There is always a wrong guy out there for everyone no matter who you are. Just find posative vents for your emotions and anger at other peoples of the world. One mistake I did when I moved to NC was I kept it bottled up instead of releasing it elsewhere. That couple with some hard economic times after the housing crash almost lead me to having a full blown mental breakdown when we moved to Seattle from just years of repressed emotions.
Kinda going off topic here now LOL
Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Thanks Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom