TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well my Cruiser is forever in the right lane...not fast enough to hang with the speedy cars. Don't think I have ever been road raged. Some nasty glares when merging. Zero to 60 takes about half a day.

yea....my point is there is an epidemic of clueless/ignorant people that sit the middle or left lane while being passed. You are obviously not one of those. Dumb grin on their face or the cell phone in one hand.
More often than not its a beat up Chevy/Ford white van or truck with misaligned headlights and one taillight and 3 wide across the front seat.
At least the crappy Altimas with 90 day old temp tags are speeding and not causing backups.

yea....my point is there is an epidemic of clueless/ignorant people that sit the middle or left lane while being passed. You are obviously not one of those. Dumb grin on their face or the cell phone in one hand.
More often than not its a beat up Chevy/Ford white van or truck with misaligned headlights and one taillight and 3 wide across the front seat.
Yep I get it. Left lane slow pokes are the worst.

We're a policy change away. Enforce fines against the already implemented regulations/laws and move along. As many offenders as there are, it should be highly lucrative.

I am usually never in a hurry any more. I obey the speed limit ( this pisses people off a lot) and more and more stay out of the left lane or at home.

I don’t know if the state of North Carolina has a law that says that the left lane is not a travel lane and only used when passing. Wether it is a law here or not doesn’t matter. 100% people don’t follow that rule. 100% of people like to go faster than the speed limit also.

Here is the thing about the left lane though.
If you are going the speed limit. Technically you don’t have to move to the right. This is not the autobahn. Courtesy says you should. But you don’t have to. If you are going below the speed limit. Then that is a completely different story.
Expecting people to move right because you want to go 95 in a 70 on the interstate makes that driver the problem. Chances are you are driving way beyond your abilities and reaction time. And again, if you want to go that fast go right ahead but don’t expect me to move.
I don’t do this but I also don’t get mad when people don’t move. I simply go around them. Problem solved.

By the way expecting “slow drivers” to stick to the right slower lane is great in practice until the right lane abruptly ends ( I’m talking to you North Carolina) and you have to merge to the left lanes and guess what happens then?
Aholes in the left lanes won’t let you merge. So now you have no choice but to travel in the middle or left lanes.

So over all everybody sucks and if you don’t accept that you are just going to be mad all the time.

Very well said Del. Part of the reason I live in the country is I do not enjoy freeway and city driving and all the BS that comes with it. As Del stated, you can let it drive you crazy if you let it. The phrase "could not pay me to live here" is heard often in our vehicles when driving in a crowded area.

I think there should be a warning label on articles on the internet

"WARNING!!! Random pronouns in use"

WARNING OLD FART TYPING!!

We all leaned to speak, read and write English in school if we went to school in the United States. Early on we learned pronouns, it's a basic. Same holds true when I took French in 8-9th grade. So when I was reading a piece a few months back about a woman doing something or other and out of nowhere it was "They said this or they did that" I was confused. I will never be accused of being "Woke". I went back and re read the article looking for mention of others aside from the initial woman subject of the article, no luck.

I have no problem if you wish to use different pronouns, have at it. But really old, drummed into my head habits like the word "they" will never trigger anything but plural in my head.

Edit: I've decided that if pronouns can be altered, so can basic number. When I say 2, if you count what I refer to there will actually be 5 for the rest of you. :)

I am usually never in a hurry any more. I obey the speed limit ( this pisses people off a lot) and more and more stay out of the left lane or at home.

I don’t know if the state of North Carolina has a law that says that the left lane is not a travel lane and only used when passing. Wether it is a law here or not doesn’t matter. 100% people don’t follow that rule. 100% of people like to go faster than the speed limit also.

Here is the thing about the left lane though.
If you are going the speed limit. Technically you don’t have to move to the right. This is not the autobahn. Courtesy says you should. But you don’t have to. If you are going below the speed limit. Then that is a completely different story.
Expecting people to move right because you want to go 95 in a 70 on the interstate makes that driver the problem. Chances are you are driving way beyond your abilities and reaction time. And again, if you want to go that fast go right ahead but don’t expect me to move.
I don’t do this but I also don’t get mad when people don’t move. I simply go around them. Problem solved.

By the way expecting “slow drivers” to stick to the right slower lane is great in practice until the right lane abruptly ends ( I’m talking to you North Carolina) and you have to merge to the left lanes and guess what happens then?
Aholes in the left lanes won’t let you merge. So now you have no choice but to travel in the middle or left lanes.

So over all everybody sucks and if you don’t accept that you are just going to be mad all the time.
The signs say 'slower traffic keep right'....not 'its ok if you're going the speed limit'
Slow/slower traffic causes FAR more ripple-effect problems than someone going 80 in a 70 while paying attention and not constantly having to change lanes.
If you're puttering along in the middle lane while getting passed on both sides.....wake up.
Courtesy, decency, empathy, common sense, unselfishness, and general knowledge is in crazy short supply, throughout society.

There is no sign that says “drive as fast as you want and everybody will move out of your way”

If you are going 80 in a 70 no matter what your justification. Guess what? You’re part of the problem. More importantly you are breaking the law. The speed limit is a law, not a suggestion. If you don’t like the speed limit write your congressman and have the speed limits changed.
If you still want to go faster than the speed limit. Go ahead. But nobody is under any obligation to move over.

Decency goes both ways. As I mentioned before. Even if you are doing everything right. Inevitably there is going to still be someone you piss off because of (insert lame excuse).

I accept that every time I drive. If someone has a problem with my driving they can try to do something about it if they want.
I’m ok with that.

IMO it doesn't matter how fast you're driving, left lane hangers are the worst. The left lane is for passing or for merging over to make a left hand turn, not for hanging out.

The speed limit applied to any road is applied equally to all lanes. Period.

Unless you're a HSV, AL police officer. That behavior is so common it HAS to be codified somewhere lol. They clear out that left lane for everyone, though. @NC LX knows what I'm talking about.

Did I say that there's a different speed limit for each lane? No dummy. NC may not have a left lane hanger law like most states, but if you hang out in the left lane when not passing or intending to turn left real soon, you're a dick, lol.

They thinks this is crazy :)

Going 80 in a 70, both hands on the wheel, staying in lane, no phone usage, is NOT the problem. At all.

A school bus going 45 on a 4 lane, 70mph highway is FAR more dangerous and causes mile long slow downs and dangerous lane changing.

Riding 69 in the middle lane of a 3 lane, 70 mph highway is FAR more dangerous than a straight line 80 mph driver paying attention.

Constantly swerving and changing lanes is dangerous.

Looking more at your phone than the road is dangerous, no matter the speed.

Morons merging at 50 mph is super dangerous.

There are hundreds of things that are more dangerous/cause problems than driving over the speed limit. Me wanting to go 80 in a clean lane straight through is not causing any issue, at all.

Its not against the law to leave your shopping cart in the parking lot either, you're under no obligation. But it tells the world 100% without a doubt what kind of person you are if you leave it in a parking spot.

You don't HAVE to move over....that is a true statement, but......

Did I say that there's a different speed limit for each lane? No dummy. NC may not have a left lane hanger law like most states, but if you hang out in the left lane when not passing or intending to turn left real soon, you're a dick, lol.
Sure. You might think that person is a duck but they are not breaking the law. That is what I meant by your wrong. And you are.

My opinions of the law are one thing. But I didn’t write the laws or the speed limits in this case. It is up to all of us to adhere to them.

Thinking you’re above the law or that you don’t have to adhere to them is perfectly ok also.

What I am saying in simpler terms is

If you decide to f around and think that your opinion or your choices on the road are better than someone else’s. Then you better be prepared to find out when you cross the wrong person.

Do what the hell you want. I am not a lawyer or a cop and I can’t care less if you speed or don’t speed. But don’t be surprised if some day the wrong person calls you out.

I am pretty sure I said it before in this thread.

But most people have no idea and can’t fathom the violence a human is willing to unleash on another human.

Sure. You might think that person is a duck but they are not breaking the law. That is what I meant by your wrong. And you are.

When did I say anything about you breaking a law? I said NC doesn't have a left lane hanger law *like most states*. I'm not wrong about left lane hangers being dicks. If nothing else, it's a (shared) subjective opinion.

Maybe the guy could have reacted better, but if you're saying he did that because you were hanging out in the left lane, you're the dick.

Founding Fathers sitting around spit balling the Bill of rights...............................

"First and foremost we should have the right to speak our minds, say whatever we want to whomever we want"

"Yes indeed, I like that ye bald, wig wearing heathen you."

"On further consideration I believe #2 should be the right to carry a gun, because if ye run thy mouth too often like that, you are going to need one"

When did I say anything about a law?

You are saying that a person cannot drive the speed limit in the left lane. That is wrong. Regardless of wether you like it.
Maybe the guy could have reacted better, but if you're saying he did that because you were hanging out in the left lane, you're the dick.
I have no idea what your talking about.
What guy?

And you know what the best part of me being a duck as you so wish to call me.

Is that I can most absolutely back it up.

And I know for a fact that you can’t.

see how that works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom