TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You ONSC folks have all of the interesting side threads. In the first couple of pages on this one, there was a brief section on merging (traffic). Can anyone think of a case, State, otherwise where prevailing traffic should yield to the mergers? I grew up in the upper midwest, and was taught to get over just in case someone was about to merge. I still try and do that but in our crazy Seattle area traffic it's not always possible. As a "part B" to this thought, if your lane ands, you have an implied yield right and the lane that continues is prevailing traffic? The "Seattle way" seems to be look straight ahead and just force your way in without a signal from what amounts to the shoulder if you are in the lane that ends. It's befuddling and infuriating.

I lace my fingers together and place them behind my head as I merge into traffic. Is that wrong? Oh, I never look side to side either.

Ha. The highways are getting more hectic and crowded here too.....something about a few short sighted morons encouraging unrestrained growth and immigration with no thought of tomorrow.

But the biggest problem with merging, here anyway, is the inconsiderate people that just get over without looking, not matching the lane speed, or brake tapping the whole time, causing mile long backups.....then its even harder for the next person to merge.
Death spiral.
For the most part, if the person merging just matched the speed of the 'slow' lane and got in, there would be far fewer problems.

Zipper. Great idea, impossible to execute.

No, not old guys like me forgetting. Merging.

Yes. You should all stay at home. The road belongs to me. Lol

Back to my last rant… lucky me, I get a new roof… to replace the one they installed on Wednesday…and we are sleeping at a hotel for a few days while the house dries out. Tomorrow I get to point out all the issues to the poobahs in the company and hope I can get them to step in a huge pile of feces the workers lift behind my shed. Poor guys didn’t even have toilet paper.

And people ask why I am building my shop addition myself.

Because, you are amazing? :)

Edit: And you prefer feces to be in toilets?

Why yes, I am amazing. Yet I manage to make you guys look even better….

And I feel sorry for the guys who used pine cones instead of TP

Yes Shaun, you are also amazing! Sorry to hear about your roof!

Why yes, I am amazing. Yet I manage to make you guys look even better….

And I feel sorry for the guys who used pine cones instead of TP
There were pine cones????

Have you no bidet behind your shed? Cave Man!

no bidet, but we do have one of those wash-let toilet contraptions in the guest room suite.

785286B1-5058-42EA-BAB0-3B2EC3383B95.jpeg

For the love of all that is holy…where the eff is the PCV valve on a 2015 Highlander!?!

I’ve got the $8 part, but I can’t find any resource to definitively show me where the damn thing is! Common sense would dictate that a rubber hose leading to a part that looks like the one in my hand would be a good start, but nope…can’t find something like that. Any videos or forums I look at all say “for 20xx-20xx Highlander’s“, but their engines don’t look like mine. The bullsh*t Picasso-esque drawings on the parts websites are worthless. Everything and everyone shows it being right on the top DS corner of the head…nope not an eff’ing thing there on this one!

I just pulled a 2F and am about to clean it up and refresh it for a swap into my DD, but I can’t find the PCV valve on a eff’ing Highlander! I am beginning to suspect it is somewhere under the intake manifold and this “5 minute job” will take far more than 5 minutes to complete. Whoever came up with the idea to turn engines 90* and sticking them under the hood needs to get kicked in the nuts. Rant complete…carry on.

SO, I had a guy call me yesterday about the job, we set up an appointment for him to come by this morning at 9 AM. I had a really crappy night trying to sleep last night, finally wind up in the recliner in the living room at 5 AM with my buddy Pi. Heather woke me up at 8:45 and I am out in the shop 10 minutes later. NO SHOW NO CALL!

Sometimes, I just plain hate people.

That is all

Can anyone tell me how much raw wood should be exposed between the ice and water shield underneath my shingles and the gutter?. The roofers tell me this is normal. I believe ice and water shield should cover all the exposed wood that might get splashed or have ice contact.

Can anyone tell me how much raw wood should be exposed between the ice and water shield underneath my shingles and the gutter?. The roofers tell me this is normal. I believe ice and water shield should cover all the exposed wood that might get splashed or have ice contact.
I'm no roofer but was under the impression when looking that it should cover the whole roof, especially the roof section going to the eaves.... i mean, what is the point of ice and water shield if not, especially at the edge? When I investigated a new roof, that was what I was told, but what do I know anymore, ahahahah :). You aren't talking about the fascia, correct? Just the actual roof..

Last edited:
The metal they recommend to cover it will cause all sort issues with the gutters. Thats why no one around here uses it.

roof.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom