TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are obviously not going to change any bodies driving style by discussing here.

That was never my point at least.

Eliminating ego and arrogance would go along way.

Thinking that:
Your ego
Your sense of entitlement
Your inability to plan properly (running late)
Your impatience
Inability to control your anger
Reeks of insecurity and other deeper lying mental issues.
None of these are anybody else’s problem but your own.

Assuming that everyone on the road has the same:
driving experience
Driving ability
Awareness
Reaction time
And also thinking that everybody’s vehicle has the same characteristics and abilities as yours is bonkers

Further more

Assuming that everybody else on the road can read your mind and understand exactly how YOU interpret the law makes you more of a liability than a person going the speed limit, regardless of what lane they are on.

I am not accusing anyone on here but if the shoe fits then yea you are absolutely the problem.

This just popped up in my facebook feed randomly so I just had to post it here

318499920_10160104086127319_3596651126572793103_n.jpg

My bottom line.
If you are driving in the left lane and don't move over for faster traffic youre a dick.
If you are tailgating someone youre a dick
If you brake check someone youre a dick
In most of the western world the left (or right lane if you are in certain countries) is the passing lane you use it to go around slower people in the slower lanes. Here that isn't as understood for some reason. Some states have no camping laws some don't but its just common courtesy to get out of someones way if they are going faster than you.
However I don't really let any of this get to me anymore. I try to be as laid back as I possibly can be these days. I was a different, more angry and violent person back in my youth before I moved to NC. There is no point to living that way. I don't keep in touch with my friends from back then that were of the "violent kind".
As Del said you may cross the wrong guy one day. There is always a wrong guy out there for everyone no matter who you are. Just find posative vents for your emotions and anger at other peoples of the world. One mistake I did when I moved to NC was I kept it bottled up instead of releasing it elsewhere. That couple with some hard economic times after the housing crash almost lead me to having a full blown mental breakdown when we moved to Seattle from just years of repressed emotions.
Kinda going off topic here now LOL
Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
I agree with all this. Well said.

And also thinking that everybody’s vehicle has the same characteristics and abilities as yours is bonkers
Yep, agreed. 20 years ago a 0-60mph time of 8-9 for a sedan was great. Now you can shave 2 seconds off that, plus the 45-65mph acceleration is so much better than it was. The only thing that's as bad or worse as it used to be is visibility out of the vehicle...which presents another problem.

Someone (well actually scary number of people) that slams on brakes to go from the fast lane to catch an exit at the last second, causing all sorts of backups and wrecks and miles long slowdowns has nothing to do with my insecurities.

Thousands of clueless, selfish, moronic people that try and merge onto a 70mph highway at 45 mph has nothing to do with my mental health or ego.

18 wheelers that camp in the middle lane getting passed on both sides, for miles, causing chaos, is somehow a reflection on me?

Sitting at a green light for 10 seconds because you're texting, not giving a darn about the other 8 billion people in the world says something about me?

I don't drive or own any vehicle that would be considered fast or agile....yet I can look around and see the world moving around me, and I adjust.

The clueless masses that put me (and you, if you care about yourself ad your family....maybe you don't, but I do) in danger every second you're on the highway is something I should tolerate and coddle and encourage by letting it continue to happen?

'Slower traffic keep right' is really not up for interpretation.
A green light is not up for interpretation.

working with European counterparts in the past here in the US, they would ask why mericans turn their brains off when we turn the car ignition on.

working with European counterparts in the past here in the US, they would ask why mericans turn their brains off when we turn the car ignition on.
The cheap gas makes us go crazy!!!!

Someone (well actually scary number of people) that slams on brakes to go from the fast lane to catch an exit at the last second, causing all sorts of backups and wrecks and miles long slowdowns has nothing to do with my insecurities.
Obviously it does since nobody defended that type of behavior or driving style or accused you of doing it.

Thousands of clueless, selfish, moronic people that try and merge onto a 70mph highway at 45 mph has nothing to do with my mental health or ego.
To certain extent sure. older on ramps, are some times not long enough to pick up the required speed. New ones are usually fine.
And also, there is the fact that the law does state a minimum allowed speed. So they are not wrong, school buses for example do not travel at 70mph on the hiway. But of course you already mentioned that they bother you also.
18 wheelers that camp in the middle lane getting passed on both sides, for miles, causing chaos, is somehow a reflection on me?
Nobody mentioned 18 wheelers at no point in this discussion. As long as the 18 wheeler is not breaking any law then they are allowed to travel on any lane authorized even if it is annoying.
Sitting at a green light for 10 seconds because you're texting, not giving a darn about the other 8 billion people in the world says something about me?
Again, texting and driving is illegal and nobody here is condoning texting and driving.

I don't drive or own any vehicle that would be considered fast or agile....yet I can look around and see the world moving around me, and I adjust.

The clueless masses that put me (and you, if you care about yourself ad your family....maybe you don't, but I do) in danger every second you're on the highway is something I should tolerate and coddle and encourage by letting it continue to happen?
Who is asking you to cuddle anybody or tolerate anything?
Matter of fact the only person here that has openly advocated to break the law is you.
According to you the posted speed limit is not a law that you should follow.
'Slower traffic keep right' is really not up for interpretation.
A green light is not up for interpretation.
Slower traffic keep right is only enforceable if the sign is present. Read the ncdot. That’s what the law says.

But again. You can’t pick and choose what laws are enforceable and what laws are not.

The posted speed limit is not up for interpretation. But if you think it’s ok to not follow the rules then surely other people have the right to follow what rules they want and not follow the rules they don’t like. And that messes it up for everyone.

And by the way I’m not trying to single you out. I’m really not. I’m not arguing with you either. I promise. I love these types of discussions and I mean no ill will toward anyone on here.

I gotta say, I dislike it when the roofers tear off the entire roof just in time for the rain to come pouring in. and down the rafters and into every ceiling and exterior wall of every room in my 2 story house. ( even had water dripping out of my kitchen ceiling) new roof is on. but the interior will take 30k$ just to dry out, then $$$$$ to begin repairs.... no xmas visitors at my house this year....

Obviously it does since nobody defended that type of behavior or driving style or accused you of doing it.

To certain extent sure. older on ramps, are some times not long enough to pick up the required speed. New ones are usually fine.
And also, there is the fact that the law does state a minimum allowed speed. So they are not wrong, school buses for example do not travel at 70mph on the hiway. But of course you already mentioned that they bother you also.

Nobody mentioned 18 wheelers at no point in this discussion. As long as the 18 wheeler is not breaking any law then they are allowed to travel on any lane authorized even if it is annoying.

Again, texting and driving is illegal and nobody here is condoning texting and driving.

Matter of fact the only person here that has openly advocated to break the law is you.

Slower traffic keep right is only enforceable if the sign is present. Read the ncdot. That’s what the law says.

But again. You can’t pick and choose what laws are enforceable and what laws are not.

The posted speed limit is not up for interpretation. But if you think it’s ok to not follow the rules then surely other people have the right to follow what rules they want and not follow the rules they don’t like. And that messes it up for everyone.

And by the way I’m not trying to single you out. I’m really not. I’m not arguing with you either. I promise. I love these types of discussions and I mean no ill will toward anyone on here.

My Rant: I'm tired of seeing you all tell each other how to drive and who is right and wrong. Happy Holidays!

@angerhater Been there before. Make sure to submit the increase in your power bill from all those dehumidifies and fans that are gonna run for the next 48-72 hours. And the hotel bill you incurred because you didn’t want to listen to all that noise.

The idiots removed the tarp from my punctured roof one Friday evening so it would be ready for them to work the next Monday. Started raining heavily a few hours later, as was forecasted.

Haven't laugh so hard in a long while, thank you!

cinderella-glass-slipper.gif

My Rant: I'm tired of seeing you all tell each other how to drive and who is right and wrong. Happy Holidays!
Dude you realize this entire thread is just a bunch of old guys yelling at each other and the general public to stay off my lawn.

Owxi9.gif

Dude you realize this entire thread is just a bunch of old guys yelling at each other and the general public to stay off my lawn.

Owxi9.gif

Yea and the best part is literally everyone on here, as a combined unit, is probably in the top 1% of all drivers in the world in terms of every metric imaginable. :)

It’s all mindset. I never use old any longer. Vintage is good. Definitely vintage. 😂

Old is old, I'm old. A lot of it has to do with frame of mind. In a lot of ways I am still a kid in my head, wishing my body could keep up. I am currently building an addition to my shop, myself. I well remember why I got out of contracting in my mid 40s. Retirement becomes a regular conversation once you hit late 50s early 60s. Personally, I do not plan on retiring any time soon. What. I am going to retire so I can turn wrenches in my spare time? The end goal is to build what I feel like and sell rather than build for customers.

I've met quite a few people into their 80s and still working, all had a similar mind set in common. They all welcomed innovation and new technology and were ALL young at heart. I am working on that second item :)

I'm young at heart
My body suffered during covid when I barely exercised so it has decided its old now. Trying to rectify that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom