TorFab: FJ62 LED Headlight Kit and Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Headlight2.jpg

For those wanting the all 4 headlights on we have a solution with our current kit.

Plug and play option: Now currently available with each kit ordered. We also have these available to order separately if you want to modify your existing LED's.

Torfab.com FJ62 LED Headlights

We have only found that this will work on LEDs and not halogen due to the amount of draw.

Last edited:
I'll be watching for this update... then I'm jumping in. 😎

any idea on the current draw with all 4 on?

2x Low: 4.4 amps
4x Low: 8.8 amps

2x High: 8.4 amps
4x High: 16.28 amps

@NookShneer Thank you very much for those numbers. I read them and realized I don't even know what the total draw is on stock lights... but given dual 15a fuses it's gotta be something like 25 plus or minus a few amps. So a significant reduction on power draw with this LED option.

Is the 4 High option ready to go? Didn't see that on the site yet. I'm hoping to get these in before my next Death Valley trip.

@NookShneer Thank you very much for those numbers. I read them and realized I don't even know what the total draw is on stock lights... but given dual 15a fuses it's gotta be something like 25 plus or minus a few amps. So a significant reduction on power draw with this LED option.

Is the 4 High option ready to go? Didn't see that on the site yet. I'm hoping to get these in before my next Death Valley trip.

Theses can be sourced by the individual. @toy_tek Check out the updated links above.

Hope Death Valley has a big super bloom of wildflowers this year with all the rain you guys have been getting.

Last edited:
Theses can be sourced by the individual. @toy_tek Check out the updated links above.

Ah! Ok now I get it. I thought had I previously read it was planned to be a purchase option on the site, and so that's what my brain was looking for. Then you had posted "solution WITH our current kit"... just didn't realize it's as simple as adding those splitters. Sorry been a hectic week. thx again.

We had another FJ62 come in for a headlight treatment as part of the service. Few photos of the light pattern and cut off with both high and low beams. We added the wiring for all 4 headlights to be on with the low beam.

IMG_2794.jpg

07B3D670-94DE-4306-8838-ACF8FE238BBF.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

Will the 4 headlight option work with the slcfj62 harness? If yes, are there any special installation instructions?

We haven’t tried it with that harness, so I’m not sure if it would work.

I can try it when we have a truck come into the shop with that harness but that might be a while.

With the low draw on the LED’s headlights the SLC harness is way overkill and not necessary. You could try it and with or remove it completely and run the factory wiring.

I can try it when we have a truck come into the shop with that harness but that might be a while.

With the low draw on the LED’s headlights the SLC harness is way overkill and not necessary. You could try it and with or remove it completely and run the factory wiring.
Yeah, I know it’s overkill, but no way am I going to yank out the harness and go back to the original. I’m thinking that it should work, I mean the purpose of the harness is to use relays to keep the heavy current out of the switches, right?

Will the 4 headlight option work with the slcfj62 harness? If yes, are there any special installation instructions?
is that similar to the ARB wiring harness? If so I am going to get the lights next time I am at Torfab and have them install so all lights go on low and high. I have the ARB harness.

is that similar to the ARB wiring harness? If so I am going to get the lights next time I am at Torfab and have them install so all lights go on low and high. I have the ARB harness.
I'm not familiar with the ARB harness, but here's a diagram of the SLCFJ62 harness

Attachments

• slcfj62 headlight wiring diagram.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 40

I just installed my TorFab LEDs with the 4 low beam option. Works great! However, I can confirm that they don’t work with the SLCFJ62 Harness. I just unplugged it and hooked up the lights to the original wiring. I’ll fish out the unused harness next time I’m mucking around in the engine bay. It’s deeply imbedded. I installed the harness before I did the Vortec conversion. The install was very easy.

Here’s where I mounted my ground switch
42AFA4B1-BD69-4F67-9DE9-A4D8EC1AC888.jpeg

Four low beams:
2784D9D9-0C7F-447C-B759-12FEA26E6898.jpeg

I’m very happy, very good value. I bought the aluminum rimmed option. I think they look great!

Damn, if I wasn't already planning on ordering these, those pictures sealed the deal. And now I want those gauges too....:oops:

I can help with ordering those. We don't have a video on how to install them though.. :rofl:

Has anyone run these lights in cold/frozen climates? Mountains of Utah/Colorado/Wyoming etc.? Feedback on frosting/freezing? I just drove over a pass in a Blizzard at night and might as well have had my lights off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom