Too Much Heat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am generally a VW bus guy. I recently traded a 1960 bus for a 1976 FJ 40 to take up in the hills rockhounding. Now there is no heat in a VW bus. I can’t figure out how to turn the heat off in my Cruiser. I’ve tried all the switched on the dash and the lever in all positions on the heater. It’s over 100 degrees in my neck of the woods today!

Be sure the lever on the shut off valve is all the way down, as seen in the top left corner of my photo below.

IMG_4120.jpg

Last edited:
On a 76 it's very easy to make a heater shut off valve like this to completely stop the flow of coolant to your heater. I did this to mine years ago and it stays shut off during summer months. I agree with you, way too hot in Washington lately. 🌞🌞🌞

Fotor_155468156752870.jpg

there are a lot of modifications that could have been done to a 1976 in the last 46 year.
stock engine?
stock interior?

All stock except power steering and maybe front seats.

as stated above, there should be a valve mounted to the firewall, passenger side of engine above the starter.
if the valve is there, either the control cable is broke, not hooked up or the valve is bad, it will move but not close off the flow of antiboil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom