Tonto Forest Recreational Closure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads

Restricted Areas - Closed Developed Recreation Sites in The Southwestern Region
PURPOSE:
The purpose of this Order, which reflects federal and state guidance to limit the spread of COVID-19, is to protect public health and safety.

IMPLEMENTATION:
  1. This Order will be effective on March 24th, 2020 at 6:00pm and shall remain in effect until June 30, 2020, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
  2. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 357l(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581(b)(7)).
  3. A complete list of the Restricted Areas, by name, is attached and made a part of this Order as Exhibit A. Maps identifying the Restricted Areas are attached and made a part of this Order as Exhibits Band C.
  4. This Order supersedes, rescinds, and replaces any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
  5. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Southwestern Region Regional Office located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, telephone number 505-842-3292, and at the following website: https:/ /www.fs.usda.gov/main/r3/home

:banana: Well at least it doesn't kill the access to state trust land.

With the crowds we saw in Seven Springs, I’m not surprised even the reserved campground had people camped all along the wall outside the area

The key word is 'developed'. This does not mean the forest is closed, just the 'improved' areas. Dispersed recreation, such as OHV travel, is not affected.

entry at Butcher Jones was not closed Sunday - just sayin'

just learned from friends that Butcher Jones is closed off

just learned from friends that Butcher Jones is closed off
I wouldn't expect it to re-open, ever. They've been threatening to close that gate for years, and were ready to do it soon. The plan is for people to use the Pobrecito entrance, or come in on Four Peaks Road. Now the question is whether or not the Pobrecito entrance is still open.

I wouldn't expect it to re-open, ever. They've been threatening to close that gate for years, and were ready to do it soon. The plan is for people to use the Pobrecito entrance, or come in on Four Peaks Road. Now the question is whether or not the Pobrecito entrance is still open.
i do not know where the Pobrecito entrance is. can you please explain where it is.
thanks Brian

I was up there earlier today 4/11 and seen people turning off into the Pobrecito entrance.

I was able to find Probrecito, I never realized that was an entrance, but it looks like it would take a lot longer to get to the coves. it was open today. I took some pics of the maps at the entrance. I wish I saw them on my way in versus my way out, I had no idea where I was going.

69533E7A-AA61-4F4F-B381-F9530DDC2FDA.jpeg

8E3C91D2-B383-4285-AB49-3EC85FDD71C1.jpeg

There is a shortcut from that goes from 1805 to 1863 to 1813. You need at least a rear locker and good tires to make the climb. It is an established trail but doesn't show up on forest maps. I've been out around Saguaro Lake the past two weekends and no cruisers. Where are you all hiding? :)

There is a shortcut from that goes from 1805 to 1863 to 1813. You need at least a rear locker and good tires to make the climb. It is an established trail but doesn't show up on forest maps. I've been out around Saguaro Lake the past two weekends and no cruisers. Where are you all hiding? :)

we've been out there several times, never saw another cruiser - Sunday afternoons and during the week

there are several shortcuts to the coves, actually

While not closures all AZ National Forests have fire restrictions taking effect today. Notes
This is not because of the moisture Ithe forests but because besides not having resources right now to fire a large fire the number of personal required would social distancing almost impossible. For now the fire restrictions are in effect thru June 30th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom