TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

custom made from dissent OffRoad.
Yup, pulled the trigger on TJM bumper after getting tip from TnTNola about the Dissent Stinger, 👍

851C49C7-EE4F-4DEC-8DD3-E3F751DBE2E5.png

View attachment 2479037

Just finished installing mine over the weekend. There is a ComeUp winch in there as well. The ConneUp winch solenoid definitely WILL NOT fit inside the bumper. I will have to fabricate a small bracket to mount the solenoid.
Hey I really like your TJM bumper. How are you liking the bumper? Fit seems pretty good. I am thinking about getting one. How was the installation?

With a little experience I used spacers to maintain spacing on the wings under the fender next to the wheel well then wedge the bumper up to level on the front. When in position insert the 4 big bolts and tighten either side as required to get it centred. Cna also add spacers but I just tightened the f*** out of it. On the LC it fits nice, my 06 LX it sits forward a bit more but still works...
View attachment 2362819View attachment 2362820
I am looking to get the same bumper. Wondering how you like they bumper now that you have had it for a while. Any issues or concerns? How was the installation?

Has anyone tried to install a winch plate after the bumper has been installed? I don't think I can take mine off all that easy because of some dips*** that ran into me head on a few months back.
Bumper held up great BTW.

View attachment 2164238

View attachment 2164239
That is exactly the reason for getting one of these bumpers. Do you still like it? How was the installation.

Frame horns require no trimming, though mine were bent and required straightening. On the LX you must trim the fascia under the grill in order to get the bumper to fit closely to the body of the car. I do not know if this is necessary with the LC. You can see the gap under the headlight- this was trimmed off, primed, and painted (simple rattlecan). The trimming can be done with tin snips, or other methods. I used a Dremel cutoff wheel and tin snips. I do not have access to the instructions currently.

View attachment 2152425
How do you like the bumper now? I am thinking about getting one and wanted to get some feedback from people who have purchased one.

Finished my install last week! Getting everything lined up took some time and was much easier with a buddy to help! Not too bad, but certainly helped to have a reciprocating saw for the trimming.

View attachment 2109128
Looks great. I love the look. Would you do it again. I am thinking about getting one as well for my LX. Did you have to do anything to AHC system? Looks very robust and somewhat subtle.

The bumper arrived at my house on Monday morning. Install was fairly easy once I got everything laid out. I did have to trim around the headlights to make it fit flush. Ordered from bumpersuperstore.com. $749 shipped and no tax. View attachment 1674773 View attachment 1674777 View attachment 1674778

View attachment 1674779
Looks great. I am thinking about getting one just like it. sounds like the installation wasn’t too bad. How long did it take? Any special tips?

got my bumper, fit and finish is great. this is a really good design as far as the metal parts go. this isn't a plate bumper but a one piece formed unit with rolled edges and laser cuts. I couldn't be happier. The plastic pop in piece on the top (winch window) needs to be thicker and snap in better (it was popping out and bowing with the sun on it). as far as I'm concerned, the lights are not good enough to use as fog lights(I don't think they were designed to be fog lights) so I did not use the factory fog light wires instead I connected the amber lights(red) to my turn signals and the clear lights(green) to the running lights/ parking lights which is how I think it was intended. I will save the fog light wiring for some quality lights ill add later.

View attachment 1587762
I am thinking about getting one of these. Do you still like it? Would you get it again? How was the installation?

I am looking to get the same bumper. Wondering how you like they bumper now that you have had it for a while. Any issues or concerns? How was the installation?
Installation was straightforward. I ended up moving from the 98 LC to an '06 LX-470 . In that case I hade to shim it out to avoid cutting the bumper or sheet metal. Wasn't totally comfortable with that. Can't say I wheeled either truck very hard but never bought it for a bush bumper. For the trail it
s hard to beat an ARB. For looks though and light duty winching the TJM was superior.

Installation was straightforward. I ended up moving from the 98 LC to an '06 LX-470 . In that case I hade to shim it out to avoid cutting the bumper or sheet metal. Wasn't totally comfortable with that. Can't say I wheeled either truck very hard but never bought it for a bush bumper. For the trail it
s hard to beat an ARB. For looks though and light duty winching the TJM was superior.
IMG_8273.JPG

The LX...
IMG_8464.jpeg

Hey I really like your TJM bumper. How are you liking the bumper? Fit seems pretty good. I am thinking about getting one. How was the installation?

That is exactly the reason for getting one of these bumpers. Do you still like it? How was the installation.

How do you like the bumper now? I am thinking about getting one and wanted to get some feedback from people who have purchased one.

Looks great. I love the look. Would you do it again. I am thinking about getting one as well for my LX. Did you have to do anything to AHC system? Looks very robust and somewhat subtle.

Love this look. I am thinking about getting the exact same bumper. How did you find the installation? Would you get it again?

Looks great. I am thinking about getting one just like it. sounds like the installation wasn’t too bad. How long did it take? Any special tips?

I am thinking about getting one of these. Do you still like it? Would you get it again? How was the installation?
Stephen Colbert Facepalm GIF - StephenColbert Facepalm GIFs | Giphy, Facepalm  gif, Awkward moments

Thanks for the info. Shimming seems reversible versus cutting. Was it difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom