TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's stinks re. the price increase. IMO not a $950 bumper. Puts me out of the market.

still have this bumper? still pleased with it? does it have a model or style #? Thanks!
I do. It's a Dissent Offroad bumper - 100% made in the USA! (that's a link to the site)

It's still perfect - hasn't deflected, twisted, moved... after lots of winching things I really shouldn't have, e.g. a buried 3500 truck, a buried utility truck, trees/bushes out of the ground (removing them)... I've seen the suspension compress like a Raptor off a hold-my-beer dune jump and the winch slow to a crawl - and the bumper never creaked or complained. And, my bumper was one of the first couple Ben made. I bet he's gotten even better at it ;)

IMG_2247.jpeg

I do. It's a Dissent Offroad bumper - 100% made in the USA! (that's a link to the site)

It's still perfect - hasn't deflected, twisted, moved... after lots of winching things I really shouldn't have, e.g. a buried 3500 truck, a buried utility truck, trees/bushes out of the ground (removing them)... I've seen the suspension compress like a Raptor off a hold-my-beer dune jump and the winch slow to a crawl - and the bumper never creaked or complained. And, my bumper was one of the first couple Ben made. I bet he's gotten even better at it ;)

View attachment 2384155
Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

When I seriously consider a front bumper and convinced myself, just found the price got increased from $750 to $950 everywhere. Plus $155 for the winch plate, it's really difficult to call it a deal, especially when the Ironman, including winch plate and hood loop, shipped at $999. However, the only issue with Ironman is it's OOS right now. Guess I have to wait for either TJM corrects the price or the Ironman is in stock.
1596333550480.png

When I seriously consider a front bumper and convinced myself, just found the price got increased from $750 to $950 everywhere. Plus $155 for the winch plate, it's really difficult to call it a deal, especially when the Ironman, including winch plate and hood loop, shipped at $999. However, the only issue with Ironman is it's OOS right now. Guess I have to wait for either TJM corrects the price or the Ironman is in stock.
View attachment 2390729

I just installed Ironmans commercial bumper on my father's FJ, awesome quality and fit. Plus the winch mounted separate from the bumper itself (so does the TJM which I have on my LC and still love, but for the 1000 dollar mark I would go Ironman)

I just installed Ironmans commercial bumper on my father's FJ, awesome quality and fit. Plus the winch mounted separate from the bumper itself (so does the TJM which I have on my LC and still love, but for the 1000 dollar mark I would go Ironman)

Yeah, $1000 shipped including everything, like winch plate, hood loop, LED marker/indicator lights and Fog lights is really a good deal, with Ironman. I will wait for it.

Besides of the separated winch cradle, another good thing I like with Ironman is no need to cut the frame I believe. So in case I have to, it can be restored back to stock. IMO I really couldn't get the point to cut the frame to fit an aftermarket bumper. After all, there are no-cut front and rear bumpers available.

Yeah, $1000 shipped including everything, like winch plate, hood loop, LED marker/indicator lights and Fog lights is really a good deal, with Ironman. I will wait for it.

Besides of the separated winch cradle, another good thing I like with Ironman is no need to cut the frame I believe. So in case I have to, it can be restored back to stock. IMO I really couldn't get the point to cut the frame to fit an aftermarket bumper. After all, there are no-cut front and rear bumpers available.

on cutting on the TJM is on the LX. In order to get it to tuck to the body you trim under the headlights. the rest is 100% bolt on.

For the price I would go dissent or victory if I had to do it over.

i own a TJM and wouldnt buy it at this new price.

I do and do not agree. The principle of the price increase bothers me, but I think the design and quality is far superior to the ARB that I had prior. But agree with others I think the ironman is the go to over this for 999, free shipping, and includes winch carrier.

You are correct. No cutting to install, even for the LX.

Also, the way the winch cradle connects to the frame horns allows you to mount some recovery points from @TRAIL TAILOR to finish it off.

2001 LX470.jpeg

Last edited:
Just FYI that the Ironman bumper is available for pre-order on the website, although the price has increased to $1299. I had to call them to get the on-sale price of last week of $999. Now just count down to the end of month for the bumper to show up :beer:

Waiting on my winch plate to arrive...my winch has been in my garage for a long time now. Shipping for my winch plate keeps moving due to Covid FML.

View attachment 2394509

That looks awesome.

Does anyone know of the price increase is because of covid?

I was really interested in this until the price went up. Hopefully it will come back down once things calm down.

IMG_20201027_170930.jpg

Just finished installing mine over the weekend. There is a ComeUp winch in there as well. The ConneUp winch solenoid definitely WILL NOT fit inside the bumper. I will have to fabricate a small bracket to mount the solenoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom