TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My bumper arrived yesterday - hoping to install this weekend. Excited about it.

^THAT^ looks awesome! I love the overall color scheme. Damn.

On the gaps... Obviously, yeah - get the bumper as aligned as you can. But the other (or additional) way to mitigate the look of the gap is paint. Paint that lip satin black and the gap vanishes from most angles.

On the gaps... Obviously, yeah - get the bumper as aligned as you can. But the other (or additional) way to mitigate the look of the gap is paint. Paint that lip satin black and the gap vanishes from most angles.

Thanks! and I was thinking that too!

and we dont have a lead on a light that fits exactly in those front holes?

Someone deep in this thread installed these lights - with some grinding of the aluminum fins on the back. Can confirm that they need some tweaking to fit because I have them and haven't gotten around to doing the grinding to install. I believe there's a picture posted. They look good. I'm just going to wire in an additional switch just for these, although I guess you could tie them into the fog lights maybe?

Also, nitteo, what are your shackles hanging from underneath there? Are those the trail tailor recovery points?

Someone deep in this thread installed these lights - with some grinding of the aluminum fins on the back. Can confirm that they need some tweaking to fit because I have them and haven't gotten around to doing the grinding to install. I believe there's a picture posted. They look good. I'm just going to wire in an additional switch just for these, although I guess you could tie them into the fog lights maybe?

Also, nitteo, what are your shackles hanging from underneath there? Are those the trail tailor recovery points?

thanks! i am actually gonna try to mod a round amber fog lamp into them now. and yes those are trail taylor recovery points (and they have been put to use already with no issues)

I have those lights installed. Wasn’t too bad grinding the fins down.

8A40A0F5-A3F7-429F-9045-5E2C67D4AC96.jpeg

Just a heads up, for those with a winch this will prevent unspooling line without popping the hood and reaching down behind the grill.

Some gap is necessary due to frame flex off-road. Just was on trail with another 100 who had really tucked his arb up tight. Broke his headlamp bracket mount and put a small crimp in the front quarter panel on the driver's side.

@TnTnola Would you be willing to post a profile picture of the bumper on your truck and a measurement of how far the front of the bumper is from the grill?

Has anyone tried to install a winch plate after the bumper has been installed? I don't think I can take mine off all that easy because of some dips*** that ran into me head on a few months back.
Bumper held up great BTW.

View attachment 2164238

View attachment 2164239

You'll need to remove the bumper "shell" to get the winch plate in, due to the location of the shared bolts between the frame rails.

@nitteo That is a nice looking roof rack. What is it? Also would you be willing to post a side profile pic with some measurements as to how far the bumper sits in front of the grill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom