TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not my pics, but from the TLCA facebook page. A guy in a 100 with a T17 was hit head on by a Chevy beater doing 30+.

For all the people who doubted the strength and construction of the bumper.....held up pretty good. Hard to argue with this IMO.View attachment 2103310

View attachment 2103311
Yeah, I have built 4 bumpers, and for the price point, and intended use, I have no qualms running this over the factory setup. I’m glad that there are higher end products for those folks who love having the very best, but this bumper is a significant step up in protection, utility, and aesthetics from the big nose bumper that came on my LX.

Not my pics, but from the TLCA facebook page. A guy in a 100 with a T17 was hit head on by a Chevy beater doing 30+.

For all the people who doubted the strength and construction of the bumper.....held up pretty good. Hard to argue with this IMO.

View attachment 2103311

So, the LC driver is safe but it looks like the truck's frame is screwed. The passenger wing definitely looks pushed in, but because there's no buckling on the top of the bumper to indicate the bumper crumpled, the right frame its attached to must have absorbed that energy and buckled in a bit... would love to see a top down shot..

So, the LC driver is safe but it looks like the truck's frame is screwed. The passenger wing definitely looks pushed in, but because there's no buckling on the top of the bumper to indicate the bumper crumpled, the right frame its attached to must have absorbed that energy and buckled in a bit... would love to see a top down shot..

Yes agreed, but my point is moreso related to the bumper itself. If a car can hit it at 30 and bend a frame horn before it severely damages the bumper. Many folks believed that this bumper couldn’t withstand a rock impact. I would feel rather confident that it would survive most reasonably heavy wheeling.

Alright I ordered this bumper on 10/3 and it shipped that day. Roadrunner doesn’t know where it is, other than to say “it was picked up but we don’t know which trailer it was picked up on.” I have reached out to bumper superstore as well, hopefully they will reply tomorrow with any amount of info. Roadrunner estimated it would arrive in Dallas by 10/9. Am I just being unreasonably inpatient? Based on what roadrunner said, I feel like they may have lost it. How long did yalls shipments take?

Alright I ordered this bumper on 10/3 and it shipped that day. Roadrunner doesn’t know where it is, other than to say “it was picked up but we don’t know which trailer it was picked up on.” I have reached out to bumper superstore as well, hopefully they will reply tomorrow with any amount of info. Roadrunner estimated it would arrive in Dallas by 10/9. Am I just being unreasonably inpatient? Based on what roadrunner said, I feel like they may have lost it. How long did yalls shipments take?

i had a sim experience with roadrunner. They didn’t know where it was, then they did. They picked up days before I got a shipment notification. I’d give them a few more days. I remember finally getting a tracking update online and thinking wow, it’s close!

i had a sim experience with roadrunner. They didn’t know where it was, then they did. They picked up days before I got a shipment notification. I’d give them a few more days. I remember finally getting a tracking update online and thinking wow, it’s close!

thanks. A quick search of their online reviews was not great haha!

I just ordered this bumper as well from bumper superstore on thursday. I also live in dallas and they just updated my order status this morning to shipped and the carrier was Saia motor freight and not roadrunner, interesting that they would use different companies for generally the same area. Hopefully everything works out with yours!

I just ordered this bumper as well from bumper superstore on thursday. I also live in dallas and they just updated my order status this morning to shipped and the carrier was Saia motor freight and not roadrunner, interesting that they would use different companies for generally the same area. Hopefully everything works out with yours!

They drop ship from TJM, and I guess TJM uses whomever they can use. Let me know how yours comes along....what is your estimated delivery date?

UPDATE, TJM just got back to bumper superstore trracking. They said if there is no word by tomorrow morning, they will assume it lost and send me a new bumper. Good service so far, I appreciate them cleaning up a mess that they didn't make.

They drop ship from TJM, and I guess TJM uses whomever they can use. Let me know how yours comes along....what is your estimated delivery date?

UPDATE, TJM just got back to bumper superstore trracking. They said if there is no word by tomorrow morning, they will assume it lost and send me a new bumper. Good service so far, I appreciate them cleaning up a mess that they didn't make.
Nice! Glad they are taking care of you, As for mine, just looked at tracking info and it doesn't give me an est. delivery date, instead it states appointment required, so will probably be called to schedule a day. In El paso on the 12th though. A little worried, since I live in an apartment complex lol. Bumper superstore called me a day after I ordered stating they need a commercial address, I had called them prior to placing my order to double check they could deliver to apt complex, the man said yes, so now the wait begins.

No word on the location of my bumper, it is believed to be lost. Bumper superstore is requesting that TJM send me a fresh bumper. I will continue to update. So far it is frustrating but totally out of the hands of Bumper Superstore and TJM. They are doing what they can.

No word on the location of my bumper, it is believed to be lost. Bumper superstore is requesting that TJM send me a fresh bumper. I will continue to update. So far it is frustrating but totally out of the hands of Bumper Superstore and TJM. They are doing what they can.

Crazy how a bumper could get lost. Once they send the 2nd I am sure the first will show up! Dibs. ;)

Crazy how a bumper could get lost. Once they send the 2nd I am sure the first will show up! Dibs. ;)

haha was thinking about that... I wonder how we will address that situation... I figure they reroute the first shipment so if they find it it goes back.

Just Got Mine in from bumper superstore. Andrew hope yours is coming soon and through saia trucking too this time.

Finished my install last week! Getting everything lined up took some time and was much easier with a buddy to help! Not too bad, but certainly helped to have a reciprocating saw for the trimming.

IMG_2792.jpeg

Just Got Mine in from bumper superstore. Andrew hope yours is coming soon and through saia trucking too this time.

Yesterday they said they would have TJM send another. I asked again today for a tracking number and no word from them.

Just starting to get frustrated. everyone sounds like they’ve been getting them in a handful of days. I am in this about 2 weeks now. They took $1000 from me and no product...yet.

Bumper superstore just updated me, they gave a tracking number. Turns out TJM shipped the replacement yesterday. It is coming via roadrunner again, as I’m sure TJM has an agreement with them since they lost the first one. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom