Timkin vs. Koyo Wheel bearings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it is sorta a preference thing. But if you could tell me why you prefer the bearing you do, that would be great.
I know Timkin= made in U.S.
Koyo= made in japan

Thanks,
Chase

Timken because Kurt said it was "good enough" :eek:

Timken and Koyo are top quality bearing companies and generally they are the only two brands you will see recommended for landcruisers. I don't know if SKF produce equivalents but they probably do and I've never had issues with SKF products.

I've had bearings supplied in a timken box with bearings inside stamped koyo. Don't know if it came from a factory like that, or was mixed up by a supplier. :meh:

You won’t get supplier bleed like that.

An issue like that is due to distributor or seller swap.

that's what I figured just thought I would check in to to the land cruiser knowledge base.

I am retired from the Land Cruiser parts procurement world.

I would recommend contacting Cruiser Outfitters in Sandy, UT. Kurt and the team there can assist you.

I take pride in trying to find the best deal, including foreign distributors... and I could not come close to beating Cruiser Outfitter's price

I am shooting for never needing to find out. Both my 80s have their original wheel bearings in place at 235k and 285k. So I guess I prefer whatever Mr. T put in there!!

New to the forum, are these individual bearings or are these unitized packed wheel bearings with abs sensor, pre-greased, etc?

In this bearing size range, especially cone/cup single row bearings, Timken is going to be the highest performance option. If you’re worried about them being a little more expensive it’s because, with bearings, you get what you pay for.

I am shooting for never needing to find out. Both my 80s have their original wheel bearings in place at 235k and 285k. So I guess I prefer whatever Mr. T put in there!!
You could have either. Both Koyo and Timken were factory fitted.

In this bearing size range, especially cone/cup single row bearings, Timken is going to be the highest performance option. If you’re worried about them being a little more expensive it’s because, with bearings, you get what you pay for.

Data for assertions? What metrics are you using for making this statement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom