Timing belt on Amazon, genuine Toyota parts or fake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to do a timing belt on the wifes 05 and saw this kit on Amazon but not sure if its real Toyota parts or fake china parts. I used the the Aisn kit when I last replaced all the components in 2012. Thanks for the help. (pic of my 1980 FJ40 outside of Death Valley for your viewing pleasure)

IMG_1509.JPG

Can't get the link to work, sorry. I will just buy another TKT-021 kit as its the same kit I installed 90K miles ago. Thanks for the help.

There are virtually no controls in place on Ebay or Amazon that mitigate the sale of grey market/counterfeit parts or ensure the authenticity of genuine parts.

Its big business and the bad guys have gotten very good at replicating parts and packaging. Unless you are buying from an authorized distribution source or known trusted reseller, chances are good that you’re buying fake junk. This applies to OEM parts, as well as OE replacement parts like: Denso, Aisin, Koyo, Timken etc.

Just got my kit from Kurt with addition of T-stat/gasket and was ~$250 shipped to my door with a good $20 of that being shipping. I haven't seen prices on anywhere that I trust that are significant price difference to NOT want me to support one of our vendors.

When I buy a kit for the 4.7L I will go to CruiserOutfitters new site Shop by Category - Engine - Timing Belt / Chain Kits & Components - Timing Belt Kits - Cruiser Teq - https://cruiserteq.com/timing-belt-kits-1/

The eBay seller that I used for my 5UZFE kit is stupid expensive at $479. Good quality but priced above other reputable sources.

Cruiser Outfitters owner.
This... @cruiseroutfit on here and a normal forum participant.
His crew is awesome.. literally called them up and talked with them a bit about what I was doing and concerns (no documentation of TB/WP being done but rad seems new so stickers are non-existent) and basically gave them year and mileage and they had everything handled. Gave info to pay over phone and had stuff in a couple days (though I live one state over from them).

This... @cruiseroutfit on here and a normal forum participant.
His crew is awesome.. literally called them up and talked with them a bit about what I was doing and concerns (no documentation of TB/WP being done but rad seems new so stickers are non-existent) and basically gave them year and mileage and they had everything handled. Gave info to pay over phone and had stuff in a couple days (though I live one state over from them).

Yep. I'm a regular CO customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom