Thoughts on Manafre drop brackets vs off set bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a ‘97 FZJ80 with an OME 3” lift.
It’s been my daily driver for over nine years - been running it for almost three years without any caster correction. I need to get this done.

I have the OMECA77B Caster Correction Kit(Bushings).

But now I am thinking I should go with the 3Manafre control arm drop brackets instead.

Daily driver with light off-road use. Working in New Mexico right now and piling on the miles. Need to improve the handling and overall drivability especially in the high winds up here in the high desert right now.

I would also like to know if front and rear sway bar drop brackets are necessary. I have read a lot on the forums and there are a lot of opinions. Since my goal is to improve daily driving and not rock climbing I think I should go that route.

One more thing. My front drive shaft twisted and broke off a year ago while driving down a paved road. Could this have anything to do with putting on a lot a miles without correction caster angle?

BTW, it’s my first post in ten years of lurking the forums. Thanks for your help!!

I currently have the MAF 3" drop brackets. They were pretty good until I recently did a 4" lift. Now my driveshaft taps (just a pinch) causing vibration/growling.

I should be receiving my caster correction kit tomorrow, and installing in about two week. If you wanna wait a min, I'll sell the drop brackets to you at a fraction of the price.

I personally like the idea of drop brackets more than the offset bushings.

I also like eimkeith's version of the drop brackets a lot more than the manafre version.

Radius Arm Mounts - https://eimkeith.com/ram/

I am currently running these and I couldn't be happier.

Another vote for drop brackets over offset bushings. The Eimkeith drop brackets are well designed, well made, and are beefy. I’ve bought a couple of the Eimkeith products and am very happy with the products and customer service.

I currently have the MAF 3" drop brackets. They were pretty good until I recently did a 4" lift. Now my driveshaft taps (just a pinch) causing vibration/growling.

I should be receiving my caster correction kit tomorrow, and installing in about two week. If you wanna wait a min, I'll sell the drop brackets to you at a fraction of the price.
Yeah I’m interested In your drop brackets.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Any thoughts on sway bar correction? Is it necessary?

Yeah I’m interested In your drop brackets.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Any thoughts on sway bar correction? Is it necessa

I have Slee in the front. Little pricey but I like the look. @Hitit66 makes some. I'm sure they are the same as Slee for a better price.

Thread '80 series front sway bar spacers 1 1/4'' bargain' 80 series front sway bar spacers 1 1/4'' bargain - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-front-sway-bar-spacers-1-1-4-bargain.788364/

For the rear, I have a 95' LC, but it has 94' LC brackets 🤷🏽‍♂️. I have MAF, but others make them. Just depends on what your doing with your cruiser and the style you like.

Caster brackets are another option. If you do any welding you can even make your own solution very easy and effectively without the clearance loss and while using OEM bushings.

For a tighter handling I would change out all your rubber bushings.
As for MAF brackets they are bolt on vs eimkieth brackets are weld on. For caster correction its better to go with more correction the less.
Most people forget to address the Ujoints when lifting a rig. 100K at stock hieght then lift & complain about vibes... well the Ujoints are worn in that spot.

Happy Trails...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom