Builds The Story of Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol, so you are told.

I have been hunting those damn coyotes for years, pretty hard to defend 5 acres at once. I have popped a few in the ass but have no pelts to show for it.

A friend of mine hunts and then eats doves.

I don't understand it given the level of effort, but to each his/her own.

So here, I patched up a couple of fuel injector wires already - posting it before all you degenerates get this thread dumped into the abyss of Chit-chat :poop:

20210304_124145.jpg

20210304_122625.jpg

Have you crawled around underneath the vehicle and inspected things around the engine bay and transmission? It's like someone sprayed invisible cheese on those wires. I'm thinking their mouse kingdom is near the starter,

I thought mice preferred Japanese wire coating and rubber until I parked my wife’s Volvo for a week at my friend’s ranch. It was completely destroyed.

have fun with your new truck. I’m jealous of your driveway situation.

Sorry I'll stop posting and being a degenerate. Good luck with the repairs, can't wait to see vids of her up on two and three wheels again.
You know that word was used lovingly - please continue to post - your insights are especially welcome!

4 fuel injector pig tails, 2 ignition coil pigtails and a new Group 31 battery later, Blue fired right up and idled fairly smooth. This is a major relief since I was really worried about rodent damage to the wires and pipes that I might not be able to get to easily.

20210306_170216.jpg

Edit: I must clarify, Kirk had very clearly told me about the gas leak issue and has very generously provided the LRA 40 gallon tank to replace the OEM tank. The gas leak I mention below is NOT A SURPRISE.

I plan to inspect all the fuel lines and replace the fuel pump when I install the new gas tank.

I put two gallons of gas in it and found out there is a rather large leak somewhere near the gas tank!

I will have to jack up the truck and see where is the gas leaking from.

Good news is that it idles great and heat and seat heaters work and AHC moves up and down without drama.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Abe! Is Blue going to be taking the place of Granny Gold?
If I can find a buyer for my 98 LX then I will sell it! And that's "Cashmere Beige Metallic" to you, thank you very much! :cool:

But I want to hold on to my old truck until I have worked through the needs of this new truck.

curious if you made the drive to socal with Cashmere? and trailered back to the frozen tundra? (big fan of Mad town btw)

But I want to hold on to my old truck until I have worked through the needs of this new truck.
Let's be specific here. The difference in "wants" and "needs" can easily be a factor of ten.

Is is really just "needs" ?

curious if you made the drive to socal with Cashmere? and trailered back to the frozen tundra? (big fan of Mad town btw)
No, I paid just a hair under $1600 including fees to a professional shipping business to get it shipped.

Let's be specific here. The difference in "wants" and "needs" can easily be a factor of ten.

Is is really just "needs" ?

The only real need I am actually aware of is replacing the gas tank, patching up the soft lines, and replace the headers (again DT headers were included with the sale!).

Second priority is to replace all fluids.

Third priority is to cover absolutely everything in Cosmoline for rust protection.

Fourth priority are the cosmetic improvements (seats, paint correction, slider refinishing ) etc.

I have a tendency to replace a ton of parts in the name of PM, I will try to abstain from that.

As for the upgrades, I can't think of any at all!

Last edited:
Reminds me of "needs must"

I need a BenCC Ram phone mount ... (general driving) safety

I need an air compressor ... (trail) safety

I need a trailer brake controller and 7pin tow plug ... (towing) safety

I need a winch ... (trail) safety

I need a gun mount and jerry cans ... (zombie) safety

I need a fridge ... (baby milk) safety

I need front and rear armor ... (MUD credibility) safety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom