The "Official" FJ25 Wiring Harness Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think most licence plate lights were in the same general area. Some licence plate brackets were mounted above the light like mine or mounted underneath the light. This is a home made plate/light bracket with a FJ40 license plate light. FJ25 light was a little different but basically the same thing. EDIT: some lights were mounted up a little higher on the body.
IMG_8112.jpg

This makes it more than one FJ25 in your hands. Lots of pics please.

Ill post some soon.

Last edited:
The light is very hard to find. You just running a 1970 era light?.
Thanks, Mike

EDIT: some lights were mounted up a little higher on the body.

Well that explains why the example I had of the license light extension was so long! Ideally there should be a short version and a long version but I bet Toyota only had one lenght, LONG! :D

Hey Mark, you still up for making these harnesses? The FJ28 restoration could probably use one! I'll send you a PM. Should be the same as the FJ25 but the rear section would just need to be a little longer (longer wheelbase)

The tin can is easy to reproduce. I always thought the most expedient way to reproduce the light would be to make a mold of the lens and cover assembled, and cast the whole thing in clear. Then paint the cover portion of the casting body color to match.

Or just find a Toyopet sedan in a boneyard.......:p

The ideas are starting to flow! :bounce:
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom