The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found some pics from when my folks bought their Fairfax house new in 1970-71. This is probably the only time a cool car was parked in the driveway until they moved in 2005! I have no clue whose car it was. The giant beast In the carport was theirs. Anybody know what kind? I’m guessing Pontiac or Buick. Fyi, I wasn’t born yet.

16E9CCB6-79BF-4D93-9234-4441ADD2299E.jpeg

I found some pics from when my folks bought their Fairfax house new in 1970-71. This is probably the only time a cool car was parked in the driveway until they moved in 2005! I have no clue whose car it was. The giant beast In the carport was theirs. Anybody know what kind? I’m guessing Pontiac or Buick. Fyi, I wasn’t born yet.

View attachment 3131859
Looks like a '57 T-Bird to me with a continental kit....and yes, if our parents just kept a few of those now insanely cool cars...mine had a '63 vette split window stingray and also a '67 GTO 389 tri-power among just a few...now we know why I have the car bug!
22870525-1957-ford-thunderbird-std.jpg

I just watched the History Channel's "The Cars that Built America" series and it talks about how John DeLorean snuck the GTO past the Pontiac/GM bean counters by creating the GTO as an option package on the LeMans/Tempest. Cool stuff.

:doh: I guess I wasn’t clear in my post! I know the T-bird is a T-bird…I’m wondering about the giant beast in the carport.

@ace10 Is your 1972 comment based on the T-bird tag or the mystery car? Or did you live next door and just remember when my folks moved in???

Yes, 1972 Virginia tags were black with white border. 1970 didn't have the border.

:doh: I guess I wasn’t clear in my post! I know the T-bird is a T-bird…I’m wondering about the giant beast in the carport.

@ace10 Is your 1972 comment based on the T-bird tag or the mystery car? Or did you live next door and just remember when my folks moved in???
It's a 1968 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham

It's a 1968 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham
That rings a bell. If it’s purple, then it’s the car that my dad closed my arm in the window of in 1976. After that he never bought a car with power windows until the mid-80’s…when I was old enough to know to yell when the window was lifting me out of the seat as he closed it! Purple Pontiac is all we can remember; it’s possible he’d owned two in row.

I’m guessing it was the car after this one since one of the things he taught me about cars was to “always buy them new, and never keep them past 50k miles when they’ll start to fall apart”.

That rings a bell. If it’s purple, then it’s the car that my dad closed my arm in the window of in 1976. After that he never bought a car with power windows until the mid-80’s…when I was old enough to know to yell when the window was lifting me out of the seat as he closed it! Purple Pontiac is all we can remember; it’s possible he’d owned two in row.

I’m guessing it was the car after this one since one of the things he taught me about cars was to “always buy them new, and never keep them past 50k miles when they’ll start to fall apart”.
Gotta say it, "he never bought a Toyota!" haha

Gotta say it, "he never bought a Toyota!" haha
Actually…. 1977 wagon. Trying to remember if it was a Corona or Corolla. Doodoo brown. It got the gas tank sugared after he busted a couple guys in his command for something. Problems and expenses followed and he dumped it just before 40k miles!

You're welcome. ;)

Damn i used to PUMP that out of my old system in HS!!!! had a version that had tho lows kicked up and it would flex the glass!!

Suspension connection and nitro gear are having a sale on upper control arms. I just picked up a set for $375

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom