The new Sequoia is unveiled tonight. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota has a reveal tonight at 9:30 for this new Sequoia. Road and Track is calling it the LC300 replacement. These leaked photos already have the front end looking better than the new Tundra imo.

9FBBB412-B711-42FC-9C32-D84681B3E4D8.jpeg

C433233C-494F-4481-8E8D-5A9E9F4BF931.jpeg

87ECE335-AEA0-405B-8A85-357DE8A1A78D.jpeg

ED3F7BEF-8E66-42ED-B96E-B26C17120438.jpeg

4726E292-74E4-4820-B2D2-34A7465AE913.jpeg

SCHWING!!!!!!!!

I like the look.

But those links are too exposed IMO.

Nice! I like that front end way better than the Tundra. I'm looking forward to seeing the specs and cost. I assume they'll force the hybrid drive train on the TRD Pro trim which is a shame. I also HATE the enormous screens in all these new Toyotas.

Wow, looks like they nailed it. I imagine the 4wd TRD version is like old LC type prices, I'd guess $65-75K from the dealer? In 7 years maybe I can get it as a nice family hauler.

It looks like Motor Trend spilled the beans early and published their article before the embargo lifted. These links go to a 404 error now but I'm sure someone swiped the pics and copy and posted it somewhere. Me thinks Toyota isn't going to be too happy with MT.

Capture.JPG

Did they go back to a solid rear axle or is it still IRS?

I’m guessing it’s going to continue the IRS setup up in line with the last generation Sequoia.

In 7 years maybe I can get it as a nice family hauler.

This. The Sequoia has always been about perspective for me. If you need the utility and space of a minivan, 4 captain chairs, the ride quality of independent suspension front and rear, better than average ground clearance, a respectable tow rating (8,000lbs)…

The sequoia doesn’t really live up to Land Cruiser expectations, but it’s a pretty badass minivan.

This. The Sequoia has always been about perspective for me. If you need the utility and space of a minivan, 4 captain chairs, the ride quality of independent suspension front and rear, better than average ground clearance, a respectable tow rating (8,000lbs)…

The sequoia doesn’t really live up to Land Cruiser expectations, but it’s a pretty badass minivan.
Yep, you're unlikely to be able to put 35's on it, triple locked, and bring it to the Cove. But I'm guessing you can easily get 33's and it will go up 90% of the forest trails on the east coast and do great at the beach and you'll be able to bring all your crap with you. And best of all you wont be in a minivan (shudder).

Did the second generation Sequoia have any of kind of AHC? If this thing could raise and lower on top of everything that would make it even better.

As far as looks go, the second generation looks like the Sequoia was in bulking season and got real fat (or held in a burp) and now this new one looks like it like it cut weight just before a fight.

I'd like to see how much cargo volume there is behind the 3rd row. That's always been an issue for me with the Sequoia. The Suburban/Yukon XL has over twice the cargo volume behind the 3rd row.

The hybrid batteries in the Tundra prevent the floor in the 2nd row from being flat, I’m assuming those batteries will also be in the way of the 2nd row on the Sequoia.

hey, thanks for starting this thread @TTViper I've had my eye on a Sequoia for a while now. Not as a wheeling rig but as an everyday vehicle with the family. I like the extra space for long road trips. Do you know where I can watch the reveal? Youtube? Toyota.com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom