The Fishing Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F423A39D-750A-472A-BF0A-85BDEB867D8F.jpeg
66CD93B1-CD84-45B9-AA8D-D407E3467CCF.jpeg
C06679DB-B17D-48BE-A250-669385EDD464.jpeg
So I took the day off work to do a little trout fishing with my oldest. I’d like to say we slayed em but the fishing was bad today. We still had a great time and he did great at being patient even with the fish not biting. Started out at Fairystone lake in the canoe then finished up on the banks of the Smith River.

2248008F-8FA8-432A-9B8B-EF1182A589D9.jpeg
Heads up! A hell of a deal next week on a great spinning reel. I’ve had a lot of these reels. Currently have 3. Their only downfall in my hands is the inevitable saltwater soaking when I take them places I won’t take my salt-rated Shimanos. They can still keep going if you’re good about immediate maintenance. No problems at all when used only in freshwater. I’ll be buying a few more at this price.

Anybody do much surf fishing around Carolina beach? Thinking of trying to get out and spend a night at Freeman park or somewhere I can drive up on the beach and spend the day and part of the night fishing bbq and maybe a little drinking between reeling in monsters.

I would like a quick carolina beach Trip. Let me know when you are going. Surfing and surf fishing and hanging out.

Yep, I'd be interested in a Carolina Beach trip too.

I’m gonna try and go out the end of may beginning of June. I know it’s a ways out but at least it gives alittle time to plan for it.

Looking at freeman park just because of the drive up access and you can have a fire, camp, bbq and all that. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a plan. Drive in Sat AM, spend Sat night, come back on Sunday? Something like that? June 2nd and 3rd?

I was thinking probably 8th and 9th just cuz that’ll be my weekend off.

But yeah pretty much that’s the idea hoping to get out there early to get some fishing in but also will depend on if I bring the little ones.

Also dependent on when my wife has our baby right now beginning of may but this may change things for my overnight stay.

Last edited:
Either weekend should work. Leave Raleigh like at 6 am. ;<)

I guess I’ll see you when you get there I’ll probably leave around 3am or straight after work Friday at 11pm haha

I'm down for it, but likely I'd wanna go up on Friday so there can be more day fishing on Saturday...

Those 2 weekends will be tough for me to make. If that's what works for people I'll see what I can do.

How do 16/17 or 23/24 look to everybody?

Headed out to Philpott with a friend of mine and his boat for some walleye fishing. Slow day with only one keeper walleye landed but it’s always nice to be on that lake.

11F7F92A-474C-407D-9014-56BB0238532F.jpeg

B8C76A5C-3636-45E1-B2D1-9A96892ACBAC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom